Goodbye Spring

Yesterday I wrote about “spring” snow.  From this entry you may have guessed that I love spring.  This year in Boston, I feel somewhat cheated.  The wonderful spring weather that I looked forward to all year never fully appeared.  It rained a lot.

And when it wasn’t raining, it was really hot.  We didn’t have the usual mild days that help ease me into summer.  However, even though the weather did not cooperate fully, there were signs of spring.

Summer starts tomorrow.  So I say a fond farewell to the spring that never sprung.

This entry was posted in Boston and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Goodbye Spring

1. Pretty nice shots! I specially like the second to last pic. Absolutely amazing 😉

2. TBM says:

Thanks! Can’t believe summer is almost here.

3. Carl V. says:

These constant reminders of just how gorgeous Boston is have got to stop! LOL! Seriously, I love the place. I’ve only been there once but found it to be quite beautiful. I’m big on old brick buildings though. Coincidentally, it was nice the day I got there and was able to wander around a bit but the day we planned for outdoor activities it rained, was freezing cold, and the wind was blowing. I actually witnessed my first ever umbrella turning inside out from the wind incident.

We were cheated out of spring here too. It rained a bunch and when it wasn’t raining it was, by and large, unseasonably warm. Autumn better make this up to me or I’m going to be one unhappy camper.

Boston is quite lovely. And the history, I’m in nerd heaven. I warn people that they can’t bring a flimsy umbrella to Boston. You need a sturdy one or it will turn inside out. Each major wind/rain storm I see 2 or 3 thrown on the ground.

I’m with you, if fall sucks this year, I’m going to get really depressed. Spring and fall are the best times of the year.

4. Seasweetie says:

I was just saying the same thing yesterday – spring just passed us by. And today, it’s rainy and the high is supposed to be 64. Things aren’t looking too promising for summer either. But it’s only one day… right? I think I prefer this to 100 degree weather. Lovely photos.

I’m really hoping for a nice summer. We had so much snow this winter, then a ton of rain during the spring. Come on summer, don’t let us down.

5. Skye says:

Lol, It seems like you live in Middle-earth or something…everything is so green. My brother is going on a road trip to Boston soon and I hope the weather is nice.

I hope the weather is nice for him as well. Tell him to bring an umbrella just in case. It rains all the time. Boston is a fun town to visit. I hope he has a blast.

6. Meredith says:

Hey Dude, I am liking your pictures lately. You’ve got talent! I really liked the ones form yesterday’s post, but I’m too lazy to go back and post on that too so I’m letting you know here.

Also, I hate summer. Bring on Fall!!!!!

7. Nandini says:

Again, wonderful pictures. And, Spring will come again! Cheers. 🙂

8. TBM says:

Thanks Nandini. That’s the best part about seasons…you can always look forward to them.

9. Sounds like here in Southern Spain – Spring never really happened! Beautiful photos, really stunning.

Spring skipped Spain as well. That’s awful. I hope all of us have a wonderful summer. And I’m jealous that you are in Spain. I visited Barcelona a couple of years ago and loved it. Such a beautiful country and the people were wonderful. It was one of our best trips!