Something to smile about

A couple of mornings ago I woke up and I was not feeling it.  I didn’t want to get out of bed.  I didn’t want to go to work.  However, I dragged my tired body out of bed and half-heartedly got ready for work hating every second.

When I left my apartment, my mood was not positive.  I’m sure my body language was even worse.  Then I looked up and the sky was beautiful.

This made me smile.

On my way to work I saw several more images that perked me up.  The weather was nice and I knew that if I survived another work day I would be able to head home and enjoy a few hours on my deck.  These scenes didn’t cure me completely, but they did make going to work less painful.

The weekend is almost here.

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in Everyday life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Something to smile about

1. Seasweetie says:

Yea for gratitudes! Nature always has a way of cheering me up – it’s the simple things sometimes…hope your day is fabulous.

I know what you mean. I can be in a horrible mood and then I’ll see a beautiful sunset and I just can’t help it. My mood instantly improves. I hope you have a wonderful day!

2. Carl V. says:

I’m smiling too! I have always been fond of clouds. I remember waaaaaaaay back to my childhood, sitting and staring at the clouds and imagining all sorts of stuff. I still find myself doing that sometimes when I am riding in a car, particularly if the clouds are interesting. We had some lovely huge cottonball type clouds in the air yesterday. Was very beautiful.

Oh man I remember playing that game with my best friend. Thanks for making me think of those times. I need to find more time to go back to the basics and enjoy the simple things. I love when the clouds are huge and so soft looking. What would it be like to touch them?

3. Tracey says:

Sometimes all it takes is a walk in the wonderful outdoors 🙂 I’m always happy when it’s sunny and beautiful here in Chicago (not something we get a lot of in May and June). No matter how much I don’t want to work, it helps perk me up. Beautiful photos… I am a big fan of clouds myself 🙂

4. Meredith says:

I continue to be impressed by your photography skills!

5. TBM says:

Thanks! I really enjoy taking photos. Not sure of my skills though, but they say practice makes perfect. So I will keep practicing.

6. What beautiful clouds and pictures. You are ahead of us here in Maine! If I saw all these lovelies on my way to work, I would have been smiling, too! Thank you for the nice shots.

7. And, if Ididn’t, I want to say…you have a definite eye with that camera. Lovely shots!

8. TheBlackTwig says:

These flowers make me smile. Beautiful!

9. Hanna says:

The clouds look cloudy… but the flowers are beautiful ^^