Guilt won

When my alarm went off yesterday morning, I did not want to get out of bed.  In fact, I turned the alarm off and had every intention of trying to sleep for another hour.  But then I felt guilty.  Even though I was up early the day before, I didn’t take my dog on a long walk since I had an early appointment before work.  Also, I didn’t get any exercise the day before because of this appointment.

The guilt won.  I told myself that after a few minutes I would feel better.  And I’m glad that I listened.  The reservoir was beautiful.  I love the colors of the sky and water this time of day.  Thank you guilt.  You got this one right.  But don’t think that you will always win.  The next time someone asks if I saved room for dessert I can say why yes I have!

This entry was posted in Boston, Healthy Living and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Guilt won

1. TBM says:

It’s a good way to start the day. Thanks for visiting.

2. deslily says:

beautiful as always!.. what’s the black and white bird?

Hi Deslily. I’m not sure what type of bird he is. It was the first time that I saw him there. He looked like he was searching for bugs or something to eat and I didn’t want to disturb him too much so I snapped a photo and left him to continue his breakfast.

3. Carl V. says:

Sometimes a little guilt can be a good thing, especially if you turn the tables on it and use it in your favor rather than being ruled by it. Good for you! You were rewarded with some beautiful scenery, that’s for sure.

I prefer the good type of guilt over the guilt that tugs at your heart. It was a beautiful morning. This morning’s walk was nice, but not as pretty so I am happy that I didn’t skip yesterday.

4. Jo Bryant says:

What a beginning to your day. WOW

5. Guilt worked great this time. Nice shots.