Treating myself

This week has been quite stressful.  Work has been busy and other stuff  made my life a little more challenging than normal.   Last night on my way home, I decided to stop off at my favorite pizza place, pick up a small cheese pizza covered with red pepper flakes and then I headed home to my deck with a good book and a beer.  It was delightful.  And it was what the doctor ordered.

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in Everyday life and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Treating myself

I had an extremely stressful week too. You got a great doctor. Mine gave a similar advice. Is that a vanilla flavoured beer?

2. TBM says:

The vanilla flavor is just enough and it was very good. I really like dark beers. Didn’t you have a lot of meetings this week? Sometimes it is wise to listen to your doctor 🙂

3. Sounds like a perfect evening – good food, good read, good beer. Glad you enjoyed!

It was such a perfect night I had a repeat performance last night with leftover pizza, same book, but a new beer. Sometimes I get so busy I forget how good it feels to relax.

4. Jo Bryant says:

Hope this treat was the start to a good weekend

5. hugmamma says:

Sounds like you need a trip…to nowhere…in particular. Just you, a good book, under the stars, with a few wild animals for company. 🙂

6. Sound advice! I think I”ll take it today! 🙂

7. Shelley says:

Sounds yummy and well-deserved!

8. Bridget says:

I just graduated from Boston College! We used to get pizza from Pino’s all the time 🙂 Man, I miss Boston…