Another Group Read

After finishing the group read of Dune last week I decided to join another one.  I really enjoyed the discussions and interaction with other book lovers.  And I wanted to continue the fun so I am joining the group read of The Way of Kings.  If you are interested in the read along and would like to sign up click here.

Here’s the skinny.  The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson, is a massive book and it is the first novel in a planned ten book fantasy series.  Each week, the participants will receive questions on Friday and then we will post our discussions on our blogs on Monday.  Since the novel is gigantic we are taking six weeks to complete it.   The first week starts on August 1!

I haven’t read a lot of fantasy novels so I am really looking forward to participating in the discussions and I am also excited to delve into this genre.  It will be a new experience for me.  Let the fun begin.

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in Books and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Another Group Read

I would so have loved to join… But with my own readalong book being over 800 pages it isn’t an option. Too bad.

I totally understand. I’m hoping I can keep up with this and the other books I’m reading right now. But I started it and I think I will like it. I wish I had time for both readalongs. What is the project next month on your blog?

• Caroline says:

“The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien. The following month is “The Lotus Eaters” by Tatjana Soli and we finish with “Killer Angels” and “Cold Mountain”. Gavin reviewed “The Lotus Eaters” recently saying it was one of the best she read this year. And the O’Brien is among the books in Francine Prose’s “Reading Like a Writer” which I LOVED. But you probably know it.

2. Grace says:

I’m excited to start!

3. celawerd says:

I have not read this book yet though I plan to.

4. TBM says:

Hi Caroline. All of those books sound excellent! I’ll have to see where I’m at with my move. Great choices!