Teaser Tuesdays (Aug. 9)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!

Here is mine:

“But the bleeding eyes of that unnamed boy haunted him.  He wouldn’t make himself go through something like that again.”

pg. 186, The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

This entry was posted in Books and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

93 Responses to Teaser Tuesdays (Aug. 9)

1. Shelby says:

Ooh, a dark one. I like it, though. Sounds like it would be a good read. Thanks for sharing it! 🙂

2. T.F.Walsh says:

Very much like the sound of that… will have to check out this book now:)

Thanks for the visit:)

3. Beth Ann says:

Oooh….bleeding eyes????? Got me hooked…gonna have to put this one on my TBL which is growing by leaps and bounds!

Awesome teaser!! I love the way the author chose her words.

Mine is about friendship http://t.co/SgqlwiQ

5. This sounds like a captivating book….thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting and “liking” my blog post.

6. Grace says:

Very nice choice! I’m a big fan of the book thus far.

Thanks Grace! Are you tearing through this one like you did with Dune? And I’m happy that your boyfriend is also participating. That’s awesome!

• Grace says:

Well, my boyfriend finished it already. I barely finished this section on time, mostly because I was in the middle of Clash of Kings at the same time, lol. Once I’m done with that one though I’ll switch back to Way of Kings. 😛

7. Sounds dark and interesting! Thank you for the teaser and for visiting my TT! 🙂

8. TBM says:

Grace: Your boyfriend finished it? Did he start on the 1st? Wow.

9. Eeeep! Bleeding eyes definitely do NOT sound good!

10. Cecelia says:

Sounds intense – and painful! I’m curious now… great teaser!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

11. Violette says:

I think the teaser did its job because I am intrigued by this book from that quote. Sounds pretty epic!!

12. Sarah says:

Nice teaser, very intense!

Thanks for stopping by my teaser tuesday as well!

♥ Sarah

13. Hello! Thanks for the visit!
    Intriguing teaser!

14. Goodness. Sounds like a horrible thing to witness. Good tease. Love your giraffes, by the way! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Here’s my tease: http://diannehartsock.wordpress.com/my-blog/

It does sound horrible.

I like the giraffes too. Thanks! I took that photo in Botswana and it was a great sight to see.

Thanks for stopping by!

15. Kira says:

aww…that one’s kind of sad. poor guy.

you’ve seen mine

16. Great teaser. Thanks so much for stopping by!

17. Carol says:

Great teaser, in a sad, creepy kind of way.

18. RJ says:

Thanks for visiting my blog! 😀
    Wonderful teaser! Very haunting 😮

19. EvilPoet says:

Here’s my tease…

“Käal looked around some more, trying to make it look as though he were deploying his famous skills for finding stuff out. But since he had no idea how anybody actually found stuff out, this wasn’t easy.” -pg. 104, The Dragon with the Girl Tattoo, Adam Roberts

20. Heather says:

Definitely sounds like something that would stick with you. Thanks for visiting!

21. Christin says:

Great teaser! Sounds like an epic type of book. Hope you’re enjoying it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog 🙂

22. Sonia Lal says:

I loved this book! Good choice

23. I don’t think my TBR pile will recover from the teasers this week! So many amazing books, so little time. Hope you will stop by and comment on my Clockwork Prince teaser on http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com !

24. Very cool and haunting teaser! I really need to get around to reading Sanderson at some point soon. 🙂

My Teaser

25. That one is intense. Thanks for sharing!

26. Stephanie says:

Oooh makes me want more!

27. Rebecca McKinnon says:

A fantastic book by one of my favorite authors!

28. Cat says:

creepy bleeding eyes! def not something you want to go thru again! Interesting teaser. Thanks for stopping by!

29. SarahS says:

Awesome, thats very cool. Thanks for checking out my TT. 🙂

30. SimplyMe says:

Great teaser, thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Reading :]

31. Great teaser!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! 🙂

32. Cait H. says:

Oh, very intense teaser. Kind of dark, in a way. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

33. Gabbi says:

Oooh, dark! This seems really good!

– BookBreather

34. I bought this in HB (because Brandon Sanderson is the bees knees) but its so big I didnt start reading it. lol. I have the PB now and need to get on it. 🙂

Some of us are doing a group read if you want to join in. We started Book Two this week. I’m loving it and I’m finding that it’s hard to put down.

35. Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting! Well, bleeding eyes definitely don’t sound good… The book sounds a little dark, but the teaser makes me wonder what exactly it was that happened to the guy in the past, so nice choice on your Teaser Tuesday quote.

36. That sounds very haunting. Great teaser! Thanks for visiting my blog.

37. Yvonne says:

Interesting one! Sounds good.

38. Dee says:

Love this book, heading over to your discussion post now 🙂
    Thanks for visiting e-Volving Books

39. Thanks for dropping by my page. this one looks great.

LALAINE’S FICBOOKREVIEWS

40. Preet says:

Omg that image is so disturbing*shudders*

A Written Rhapsody

41. TBM says:

It’s a haunting image. Thanks for stopping by. Loved your teaser.

42. hugmamma says:

Looks like a fun group…and so many of you. Were I into novels, I’d jump right in. Unfortunately, I’m a nonfiction buff…particularly biographies. Hmmm…maybe I should start a group for that. Thanks for the idea. Might try it! 🙂

I would love to participate in a nonfiction teaser. I try to have one fiction and one nonfiction going at the same time. And once I get my move done I will be able to get back on track. I’ve been reading a lot of works on the American Revolutionary time period lately. I think living in Boston has influenced this kick for me. I think some of the teasers came from nonfiction.

• hugmamma says:

You must be a walking encyclopedia of knowledge…with a foot in fiction…and the other in facts. Living a dual life, that always ensures exciting possibilities. Now that’s a life worth living. 😉

43. Judie says:

Looks interesting. Fantasy is a genre I’m just getting myself into so I’m taking everything I can get. 🙂

I am just getting into fantasy as well. I’m reading this book with a group. It is a good place to start, but I have to warn you that it is a large book.

44. This one is in my tbr list. Thanks for sharing the teaser and for stopping by mine.

45. Louisa says:

Sounds interesting! Great teaser!