Teaser Tuesday (Aug. 16)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!

Here is mine:

“The moment her regard ceased, I would have torn his heart out, and drank his blood! But, till then–if you don’t believe me, you don’t know me–till then, I would have died by inches before I touched a single hair of his head!”

pg. 163, Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte

This entry was posted in Books and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

121 Responses to Teaser Tuesday (Aug. 16)

1. Ioan says:

Wow, that’s a pretty awesome teaser… nice. Thanks for visiting mine: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/teaser-tuesday-misfit/

2. Yay! So glad you’re reading this amazing book! It’s one of my favorite reads of 2011!

3. Funny you should mention it. I first visited your blog when you had reviewed The Castle of Otranto and posted it at the Gothic Reading Challenge blog. I was there posting my review of Wuthering Heights. Anywhoo, thanks to your post, I just finished The Castle of Otranto last week and really enjoyed it! 🙂

4. Cat says:

This teaser makes me feel like I should have read this book, great teaser! Here’s mine:

5. TBM says:

I’ll have to check out your review! I loved The Castle of Otranto. Such an entertaining story. I found myself laughing on many occasions. I I loved how the servants played with the master. I’m so glad you like it.

• It really was a pleasant surprise! Initially I just thought it sounded interesting and important to read to better understand Gothic lit… I didn’t expect to find it so charming and funny, I totally fell for it! 🙂 So glad I found your review of it, which piqued my curiosity.

I felt the same way before I read it. I thought since it was the first Gothic it would be a great start to the challenge. I didn’t expect to really enjoy it.

• Bridget says:

I had to read it for a class about Jane Austen (we were about to start Northanger Abbey, the main character of which loves gothic novels, so we read it to understand where she was coming from) and I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. I don’t know if this is par for the course with all copies of it, but the one thing that really bothered me was that there were no paragraph breaks, even for dialogue, so when I put it down it was really hard to find my place when I picked it back up again!

6. Jennifer says:

Interesting…that’s the part they quoted in whatever Twilight novel it was. Forgive me, I’m one of the few that don’t actually like this book (the shame!).

I know it was quoted in Twilight but I didn’t know that was the part that was. I’m finding that people either love it or hate it. I’m still deciding since I’m still reading it. No reason to feel bad about it. You can’t love every book.

7. kyanara says:

Interesting teaser!
    I love the classics
    Have a wonderfull tuesday.
    Kyanara

8. It’s been a long time since I read this book! I loved it, though. Thanks for the teaser….

Here’s MY TT POST

9. Great teaser. I really need to get back to some classics. Thanks for sharing and stopping by to see my Teaser on Clockwork Angel.

10. Violette says:

Love this classic teaser! This has been on my TBR list for quite some time.

11. Pooch says:

Back to the classics. Good teaser.

🙂

12. Ren says:

I love her sister’s story, Jane Eyre, but I haven’t read this one. The movie versions were fine but I might have to check this one out. Thanks for the teaser.
    Here’s mine:

13. Teaser sounds good! Thanks for visiting mine 🙂

14. Ange says:

Awesome teaser! I love this book. Happy Reading and thanks for stopping by my teaser

15. Sierra says:

Awesome teaser! I need to start reading some of the classics 🙂
    thanks for checking out my post 🙂

16. Aleksandra says:

Wow, great teaser! I still haven’t read this one. Maybe I should 😉

17. Great teaser, I loved this book. Thanks for stopping by my blog. 🙂

18. Aine says:

OK, not only do i love the book but that’s my fav passage…

Here’s mine – House Millar – TT

Aine

19. Carla says:

Wuthering Heights is a great book and that teaser is excelent.
    Thanks. 🙂

20. Great teaser! I’m loving the classics today:)

Stop on buy for a special Teaser/Giveaway! And while your there winning that book why not win a copy of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!

21. LOVED Jane Eyre, but I’m not sure I’ve ever finished Wuthering Heights, but I’ve always meant to. Who can resist a good tragic, destructive romance? 😉

Thanks for visiting my TT! 🙂

22. I thought WUTHERING HEIGHTS was so romantic when I was young, but when I reread it as an adult I thought they were sadly co-dependent.

Here’s my Teaser Tuesday from HOW TO ROCK GLASES and BRACES:

23. Oh, that Heathcliff! Romantic as all h–l!

24. Wow, one of my favorite parts of one of my favorite books ever! Love it!

Here’s my TT

Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

25. Andreat78 says:

Wow! Forgot how eerie this book is! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for stopping by The Bookish Babes!

26. Heather says:

I hope you’re having an easier time getting through this one than I did. I’ve tried twice and gave up both times. My teaser: Dracula in Love

27. A classic. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by my site. 🙂

28. Great teaser! Thanks for stopping by!

29. Marcie says:

I love Wuthering Heights! Great Teaser.

30. Dana Burgess says:

I love this book! Great teaser. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on mine.

31. Amanda says:

Love Wuthering Heights!!!! Hope you are enjoying it!
    Thanks for stopping by mine!

32. SusanB-knits says:

Great teaser! I love this book. But my favorite is Jane Eyre.

33. paigebradish says:

Wow i like your teaser =) Thanks for visiting mine!

34. Great teaser!! I still need to read it for sure!! 🙂

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! Happy Reading!

35. Keely Ann says:

Ahhh one of the many classics I have yet to read. Your teaser is tempting me though… Thank you for stopping by!

Realms of an Open Mind

Keely

36. I love Wuthering Heights! Awesome teaser!! I hope you are enjoying it!

Mine is at http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com

37. Alice Audrey says:

Sounds like something Heathcliff would say.

38. Lissa says:

Oh, I want to read this! Awesome teaser! Thanks for stopping by Readers Unite and happy reading!

39. Sunny says:

Great Tease!! Very passionate!
    Thanks for stopping by SunnyReads!

40. I’ve never read this book. I love your teaser!

Thanks for coming by my blog. 🙂

41. Jackie says:

I read this book for the first time when I was in high school and wasn’t really impressed. I read it again a year or so ago and couldn’t believe I didn’t like it before! This quote in particular is awesome! Love it!

42. Christin says:

I love Wuthering Heights! Hope you’re enjoying it as well. Great teaser choice!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

43. Debbie says:

I saw this play quite a few years ago. Your teaser definitely brings it all back to me.

44. One of my favorites! Great teaser.

45. Cait H. says:

I have actually never read this book. I really need to one of these days. Great teaser!

46. Stephen says:

Wow, is that first line to be taken literally?! o_O

47. Freda says:

I love this book!

48. Stormi says:

Was never sure if I would like that book. Good luck on your project, thats a huge project…lol

49. Candace says:

Good one! I haven’t read this one yet but I have it on my shelf. Thanks for stopping by!

50. Nice teaser! I really want to give Wuthering Heights a try!

51. I’ve never read Wuthering Heights, but that’s a really powerful quote!
    April @ My Shelf Confessions

52. Oh my! Wuthering Heights! I have that book too but it remains untouched until now! I’m not much into classics but they are definitely good! 🙂 That’s a great teaser!

Thanks for visiting mine!

April @books4juliet

53. jgriffin1018 says:

Great teaser! Its been forever since I read this book. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! 😀

54. Jessica says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier… I want to read this so bad, but I don’t think I can get through it, I’m bad about Classics… I have the audio book so hopefully one day I’ll listen to it instead.

Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

That’s a realy strong statement. great teaser

56. Laurie T says:

Oh Cathy, she’s one of the great ladies of literature. One of my all time favorite books. Nice tease!

57. najlaqamber says:

Great teaser! 😀 I’ve read this book but I didn’t like it much. -.- I found it too grotesque.

58. Ooh, that’s a really great quote, great teaser. What emotion!
    And thanks for visiting my TT! I, Mona Lisa, by Jeanne Kalogridis

59. notjustlaura says:

Thanks for visiting NotJustReading. Do you know, I’ve never read Wuthering Heights? I really think I should …

60. Alaiel Kreuz says:

Wow, now I really want to re-read this book… amazing choice! 😀
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hugs,

Alaiel

61. Lauren says:

Can’t go wrong with Wuthering Heights.
    Thanks for stopping by.

62. FHC says:

whoa! serious business there !! thx for visitng FHC “)
    carry on reading “))

63. the witch of theatregoing says:

I obviously have to reread this one because I do NOT remember that passage from it. Holy crap!

64. I decided to go to the barn for a load of hay, hoping a snack would clam everyone down. Halfway there, I heard a cracking sound followed by a chorus of bawling.

65. So, I have this one on my bookshelf; can you believe I’ve never read it? But recently, I’ve read some Austen (Emma) vs. Bronte (Jane Eyre), and I must admit that I felt Emma was just a lot of drivel and talk about nothing, while Jane Eyre sucked me right in! 🙂

I also love Jane Eyre. Emma wasn’t my favorite, but I still love Austen. Wuthering Heights is very different from both Jane Eyre and Emma. I liked it, but I didn’t see it as a romantic novel.