Travel photo of the day (Aug. 29th)

The U.S. Open starts today!  This Friday I am heading to New York to catch some of the tennis matches.  This photo was taken in 2009 during the del Potro and Federer final.  Del Potro won.

This entry was posted in Sports, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Travel photo of the day (Aug. 29th)

1. jacquelincangro says:

What a gorgeous sunset!

I love going to the Open too. Sometimes we can’t get tickets to the matches in Ashe Stadium, but usually the play on the outer courts are just as exciting.

Have a great time!

Some of the best matches are on the smaller courts and you get closer to the action. I hope you have a great time as well! And I hope both of us see some great matches. Thanks!

2. Seasweetie says:

I read US Open and I thought, “golf?” Shows my ignorance of such things. Have a terrific time.

3. Carol says:

Have fun in New York!

4. Jo Bryant says:

So dramatic – have lots of fun.

5. Amazing sky in this photo – it was a good final. Only watched on tv (we´re both big tennis fans) but remember it well!

I love the skyline there! It was a great final. I was cheering for Roger, but I was happy for del Potro. I hope he can get back to that level after his injury.

6. T.F.Walsh says:

Wow the color of the sky is pretty cool. Did you enjoy the match?

7. Saisri says:

That’s such a dramatic and colorful skyline 🙂 Hope you have a good time in NYC watching the match.

8. frizztext says:

great sundown in the background – with Chrysler building illuminated!