A weekend for fun

Tomorrow morning at 5am I will be leaving my apartment to head to New York City to catch some U.S. Open tennis matches.  We’ve made this trip for the past few years.  This year, we have tickets for the holiday weekend, which starts Friday night and doesn’t end until Monday night.  It is an exciting weekend to go since there are so many matches happening.  I love this trip each year.  We see a lot of tennis.  When we aren’t watching tennis, we are eating and drinking.  The entire four days is dedicated to fun.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in Sports, Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to A weekend for fun

1. Skye says:

Can you get autographs at the U.S. Open?
    Have fun and wear tons of sunscreen 🙂

You can get autographs. A lot of people buy a very large tennis ball and wait for the end of the match to have the players sign it. If you watch it on TV, you will see the people with the tennis balls after the match and you can see how big they are.

I did wear sunscreen. I have to or I’ll fry!

2. Looks like you should have a good weekend for it! You may hit a thunder-boomer or two on Saturday but probably not. Labor Day more likely but 5 day forecasts are notoriously unreliable.

The weather was great for us. On my way home yesterday it was pouring so we were lucky. In past years we’ve had to wait out rain delays.

3. T.F.Walsh says:

Sounds like so much fun… enjoy:)

4. EvilPoet says:

That sounds like a blast. I hope you have an awesome time! Safe travels. 😀

Hope you are having a great time.

6. A great way to end the summer. We´ll be watching on tv…I´ll look out for you!

Sounds it would be so nice… I love to watch tennis too, we watch them on television channels but of course to be there, how exciting I can imagine. Have a nice and enjoyable time, with my love, nia

8. Carl V. says:

That does sound like a lot of fun and I wish you good weather and exciting tennis. It has been way too long since I’ve followed tennis and I really should get back into the flow of what is going on. I always enjoyed it back when I followed it more closely.

Have a wonderful weekend! Look forward to some final Way of Kings talk on Monday with you and the rest of the gang.

Have fun!!your life seems so colorful 🙂

10. Shoeless says:

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear about it!

11. That globe looks like the same one I saw when I attented the New York World Fair back in 1964 when I was (gulp) 12 years old! Nice pic and have a great weekend!

12. TBM says:

I hope you found your cousin! That is too bad that you still don’t have the necklace. That would be a great reminder. I hope you get to see it again!

13. The Hook says:

Four days of fun? Sounds awesome!