Boxes, boxes, and more boxes

Our stuff has finally arrived!  For the next few days we will be busy setting up our new home.  This process can be tedious at times, but it is also rewarding.  Another major step is almost complete.  After getting settled, we need to start shopping around for a TV and to get internet and phone service set up.  Good thing we have our laptop so we can listen to music and watch some of our DVDs.  I will admit though that I am really starting to miss being connected to the outside world.  It was nice to have a break.   However, it is also nice after a long day to flip on the TV and zone out.  Soon!  The major aspects of the move are complete and it feels great.  And our new apartment is starting to feel like home.

Back to unpacking!

This entry was posted in Everyday life and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Boxes, boxes, and more boxes

1. Carl V. says:

I don’t envy you all the unpacking, though of course it is fun to settle in to a new place. Look forward to the “after” pics, wherein you will most likely have a big smile on your face.

Hi Carl! It has been fun. I love seeing the place come together. It might be a few days before I can get some “after” pics. I hope all is well with you and that RIP is a ton of fun. I have some reviews I need to write for it!

2. Unpacking is so much more fun and exciting than packing, isn’t it?

Yes it is. When I open a box it is a little like Christmas. I unwrap the stuff and try to guess what it is. So far I’m not good at remembering my own things…but I keep trying!

3. Seasweetie says:

Home is where the sock monkey is. I love the boxes in the bathtub. So glad your stuff came! Can we see your view?

When I walked into the bathroom I was amazed that the movers put the boxes in front of the toilet. I figured I would need the toilet more than the shower so I moved the boxes into the shower. Our bathroom is really narrow. I’ll take a picture this weekend of the outside, but I have to warn you, I only overlook a garden, not the city. But I still love it! My view in Boston was of the trash and a gas station. This is much better.

4. EvilPoet says:

Glad to see you have your stuff! Let the settling in process begin! 😀

5. Carol says:

Wow it looks like such a job. But i bet you’ll be thrilled once everything is taken care of.

It did seem overwhelming at first, but it isn’t so bad. Once I put all my books away, everything else seems to be falling into place. Soon it will be done and then we can start to explore.

Ah, I know what means to settle in a new place… But I am sure at the end everything will be so beautiful. It is nice to hear you dear TBM, Thanks and Love, nia

7. Jo Bryant says:

i know someone who will LOVE all those boxes – place to play/to sleep…

8. hugmamma says:

How fun…yet not…much luck in getting everything sorted out. Then you can begin your new life with gusto!!! Yeaaayyy… 🙂

9. T.F.Walsh says:

Looks like you’re going to be busy for a while

One of the joys of moving! But it isn’t all that bad. I’m enjoying setting up the new place. Hope all is well with you!

• T.F.Walsh says:

I’m doing well… trying to kick start a new novel while querying another – forgot how hard it is to start a new story.

10. IsobelandCat says:

The cat’s happy! Hope you are enjoying the burst of sunshine.

The weather has been fantastic! I’m surprised that it is so warm. Is this unusual?

• IsobelandCat says:

Yes, very unusual, and it seems to be changing today. We had unseasonably hot weather in March too, when often we would have snow, it continued through April and into May and then the sun lost its mojo, only reappearing sporadically throughout summer.
        You will soon understand why we talk about the weather so much; it is always changing, part of living on an island.
        Hope you are settling and enjoying the exploring.

11. deslily says:

now the hard part is to actually remember where you put things! :o) unpacking is hard work… but it is also very rewarding work. I am envious. :o)

Hi Deslily! I’ve never been great at remembering where I put things. Hopefully this time will be different, but I won’t hold my breath. Have a wonderful weekend!

The first days after a move give you such a camping feeling. It’s nice for a while but the it starts to be annoying. I’m glad to hear all is going well. I’m sure the cat doesn’t mind the boxes.

I do feel like we’ve been camping. Atticus is loving the boxes and packing paper. He’s having a blast. Hope all is well on your side.

13. I feel for you and you are having to deal with a bit of a heatwave too! The cat looks happy – hope you buttered his paws so that he won´t run away (old English tradition!). Have fun “nesting”!

14. Kroten says:

Ow my…look at those boxes. I hope your cat didn’t get lost in those boxes.

I know how it feels to unpack those boxes.we moved to our new home three years ago…it was very tiring.good luck with your unpacking 🙂

15. Lots of hard work for you getting settled, but WHAT a great opportunity you have. And…a view of the garden sounds lovely!

I am enjoying the view of the garden. It is a change from watching a gas station. But that did provide a different form of entertainment.

16. IsobelandCat says:

The buttered paws idea is that by the time the cat has licked the butter off, it will know where its home is. I’ve read that you should put used cat litter in corners of the garden so the cat recognises it as its territory, and only let it out supervised and before eating at first.
    Both Cat and Not Cat have adapted very quickly to different territories and moved between them happily.