The Liebster Blog Award

I would like to thank Little Trot for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award.   I am thrilled by the nomination and I would like to say thanks!

If you receive the award, you should:

1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  2. Reveal your top 5 picks for the award and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  3. Post the award on your blog
  4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet–other writers.
  5. And best of all–have fun and spread the karma!

It wasn’t easy for me to select only 5 blogs that I really enjoy.  There are so many.  Nevertheless I have to follow the rules so here are my picks:

Books Without Any Pictures is a blog by an aspiring librarian.  I enjoy her book reviews and insight.

The Quotidian Hudson has daily snapshots of the Hudson River.  I love seeing the river and hearing his thoughts.

Carol’s Notebook is a fun and versatile blogger with great book and movie reviews.

Palm Trees & Bare Feet is a great blog that has postings on animals, travel, photography, books, movies and much more!

IsobelandCat’s Blog is an enjoyable blog that covers a lot of topics.  The antics of Not Cat are quite amusing.

I hope you enjoy these blogs!

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in Random and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to The Liebster Blog Award

1. Hanna says:

Congratulations to all of us ^^

Congratulations to you!
    Sounds like a German Award.

Thanks Caroline. It does sound German. I’m not sure who started it.

• Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

Oh, I forgot to say that I found out what Liebster means. One of the lovely blogs I gave it to: http://limebirduk.wordpress.com/ told me that it means this: The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, all in the spirit of fostering new connections. Leibster is German & means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’ .

3. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

Thank you so much T.B.M for awarding this to me! 🙂 And Congrats on receiving it yourself!

4. IsobelandCat says:

Congrats to you TBM and thank-you so much. 🙂

You deserve it! And thanks so much for all the helpful tips about things to do here. I love hearing all of your ideas. That video of Not Cat is adorable.

5. Carol says:

Congrats! You deserve it. And thank you.

6. Tracy says:

Hurray! Congrats on the nomination, very exciting and well deserved. 🙂

Congrats! The award is well deserved.

Congratulations dear TBM, you deserve this. And Thank you for these blogger names, it is so nice to meet with new bloggers… I will visit them soon. This is the exciting part of this award 🙂
    By the way, still I am looking for the books (You know), I can’t believe no one says that they have… But today one of the bookstores took my telephone number and will call me when they find. I make my fingers crossed… In all my life there are a few books (not more than five) I looked for like that with a great exciting… But I found them all at the end. 🙂 With my love, nia

9. T.F.Walsh says:

Huge congrats on the award:)

10. The Hook says:

Well done, TBM! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Hook! I will do my best. And I hope you will continue with your hilarious postings! Now when I check in to hotels I will think of you and try to spy some of the things you notice.

11. IsobelandCat says:

The first time I went to the US it took hours to get through passport control. I saw a sign saying restroom, and not knowing it was a term for lavatory, wistfully imagined going in there for a lie-down.
    In the MFA in Boston, by the cafeteria, someone asked where the T was. I heard ‘tea’ and was just pointing to the counter when my friend intervened.

I never understood why we call bathrooms restrooms. You don’t rest in there. It would be nice to have an area to take a nap while waiting in the passport control line. I have waited in some really long lines. The line in England was only an hour long, which wasn’t too bad. The line in Boston has always taken a long time.

I still catch myself referring to the Tube as the T. At least I have one of the letters right. It will take time for me to used to the new word.

12. dariustii says:

Congrats, I am sure this is only the first of many!