Travel Photo of the Day (Nov. 25)

A peacock in Holland Park, London, England

This entry was posted in London, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Nov. 25)

1. Oh, the colours are beautiful. Did you actually get close to it or were you using a zoom?

2. Nandini says:

Lovely shot! Peacocks are full of colors. You got real lucky with this one. πŸ™‚

I lived in a place full of peacocks for a while. But I could never go close to them. They would run as soon as they realize that you are intentionally going near them. The other thing is I didn’t have good camera then. πŸ™‚

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks and I’m glad you liked it. I wasn’t expecting to find any peacocks in London so I was pleasantly surprised. I also lucked out since one of the guys who worked there said that the males don’t usually show their stuff this time of year. He didn’t stick around for long but I was able to get some photos. It was pure luck. Have a great day!

Beautiful, so beautiful…. Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

4. Robin says:

Beautiful! πŸ™‚

5. jacquelincangro says:

Gorgeous colors. I’ve just finished reading a novel in which peacocks feature prominently. It’s called A Good Hard Look by Ann Napolitano, set partially on a farm of peacocks. Your photo makes me think of that book.

I never even knew they were peacock farms. Is the book good? These birds are so lovely it is hard not to photograph them. Have a great weekend!

Beautiful closeup! Peacocks are one of my favorites.

Thanks! I haven’t seen too many in my life. They are fascinating creatures. I love their colors and how they can display all their glory.

7. deslily says:

how nice of him to display his colors for you!!! great shot as always!

8. The Hook says:

That bird has more character than most people I know!

9. Grace says:

He’s gorgeous!

10. Georgous! That picture is a perfect palette for redecorating, and doing it beautifully!

11. xandreverkes says:

Gorgeous Birds!!! Lovely colourful shot!!! πŸ™‚ **

12. wolke205 says:

Awww, this peacock is absolutely amazing πŸ˜€ I like them a lot, but they can be pretty annoying if they don’t stop making this sound πŸ˜‰

They are amazing. I didn’t stick around too much since I didn’t want to get on his nerves either. I did enjoy seeing him in all of his glory.

13. I have something very similar to this one when my family and I traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. There was this beautiful peacock that I’ve taken several photos of. Perhaps I’d be able to look it up for sharing in one of our posts and I shall ping you/link to you. πŸ™‚