Travel Photo of the Day (Nov. 27)

A snowy day in Boston, Massachusetts

This entry was posted in Boston and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Nov. 27)

WOW! This is so beautiful, but in the photograph, I haven’t been in a wintery day like that… Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

This much snow is quite an experience. I grew up in Southern California so I never experienced snow until I was an adult. And I am quite surprised by the fact that I love it.

2. Wow. It’s 26c here today. I do miss the snow sometimes. Great photo.

I’m starting to miss snow. Not sure how much I will see in London. It is always lovely the first day, until it turns into black sludge…then I hate the mess.

3. T.F.Walsh says:

That’s a lot of snow… how gorgeous.

4. deslily says:

beautiful photo… will you get snow where you are now? I know my girlfriend lives in Devon and they get snow maybe once or twice during the winter but not a lot.

I keep hearing that we won’t get much snow here and I’m a little sad about that. However, it is wonderful here and I love all the sights so I won’t be complaining!

5. frizztext says:

winter – we are still waiting …

Haven’t seen winter in London either. But this autumn has been lovely with moderate temperatures. I do love the cold though so hopefully soon. My winter jackets are ready!

6. This is much too cold for me!
    TBM you have just become my 1000th blog visitor in November, I was hoping this would be the month I would achieve that so thank you for visiting me!

7. Brrrr!! We are going to have a ton of that where I live really soon. In fact, it’s very late this year. It can be beautiful, I agree, but I still prefer summer. The hotter the better! I hope to share some crazy storm pictures with you this winter to remind you of North America TBM!

8. Nandini says:

Wow, I love snow. We don’t have it here. It melts before it reaches the ground.

So nice! I love your picture. 🙂

9. Kristina says:

Brrrrr makes me shiver looking at this picture 😀 Beautiful 😀 I hope we get some snow for Christmas 😀

10. Brrrrrr……brrrrilliant!

Nice. We’ve seen winter here a few times already.

I wouldn’t want to be out in the elements for too long. The wind is the brutal part in a blizzard. But it is fun to go out for some photos and then come in for a cup of tea and a good book.

12. munchow says:

Fantastic with all that snow. I just love snow and all the fun things one can do in and with it. Cold, yes, but fun. Your picture really tells “winter” with all that snow and probably more to come. Nicely captured.

Thanks! I really appreciate snow and winter. And it is fun, except I will admit that I am rather clumsy on ice, but I try to do my best. Some situations have been rather funny. Hope all is well with you!

13. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

Gorgeous! But, even just the look of snow makes me cold! Please, don’t come winter, bring summer back!

Great photo! 🙂

14. TBM says:

Nandini I agree wholeheartedly. We should be in awe of nature and always respect it.

15. Robin says:

Wow! Look at all that snow. 🙂

16. wolke205 says:

What a lovely snow landscape 🙂 We had so much of it the last 2 years…Well..I m not a fan of winter & snow, even tho it looks nice 🙂

When you get so much snow it does become overwhelming. It is most beautiful when it is still fresh. I hope you get less snow this year and an early spring.

• wolke205 says:

True words. I like snow for christmas eve. But the last years we had almost 2 months more snow than enough & it was soo cold (-20c) …Brrr! 😛 Early spring sounds good, I cross my fingers for 🙂

17. Alexandra says:

I’m sorry, I might have missed something – is it happening there NOW? O_o
    omg omg omg! I’ve almost forgotten what the snow feels like.

I know Boston got snow early this year, but this photo is from a blizzard last winter. It usually doesn’t get this much snow all of the time, but last year it snowed a lot and winter seemed to drag on well into spring.

18. TBM says:

Hi Wolke! I love each season and I look forward to each one. But then halfway through the current season I start pining for the next season. So I’m with you, an early spring will be nice. And it will be my first spring in London, which is exciting for me.

19. I love your travel photos! While the soft feel of the snow is captured here, so are the greyness and the seemingly-overcast and lonely skies. No wonder there’s such a thing as seasonal affective disorder. Growing up in a tropical country though where we have the winter sun at all times, I’ve always been fascinated with snow. Enjoy the season!

I grew up in Southern California and didn’t experiences the seasons until I was an adult. I don’t know if I can go back to an area without seasons. I love the anticipation. Enjoy your winter sun! I’ll think of you on the really cold windy days.