A Special Part of Holland Park

Yesterday I posted some photos of Holland Park.  Today I would like to share some of the photos of the Japanese Garden in Holland Park.  This was my favorite part.  I hope you enjoy.

This entry was posted in London and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to A Special Part of Holland Park

Yes, I enjoyed it very much. Things Japanese are very dear to me.

2. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

The Peacock and Koi were cool!

3. When I lived in Cayman Islands, beside my apartment was a bird sanctuary. Sometimes in the morning I’d open my front door, and sitting in my wicker chair would be a peacock. Shocking sights first thing in the morning. Seeing those things fly felt like I was on set for a filming of The Flintstones.
    Beautiful photos.

4. That just looks like a little piece of paradise! Beautiful shots.

5. Beth Ann says:

Beautiful, simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

6. Why is that other peacock grey? Very nice photos!

7. Nandini says:

OMG, you captured a peacock and a peahen too! Very very cool. And great captures 🙂

This place is beautiful. My peacock feather pictures go well with these pictures of yours. Hehehe. 😉

8. wolke205 says:

My dad had 3 small Koi a few years ago, unfortunately the heron killed all 😦 I love Koi. Great photos! 🙂

9. Kristina says:

Absolutely stunnig! I love Japanese philosophy!

10. Carol says:

Beautiful and I love those peacocks.

I already admired your earlier post and the photos.
    Such a lovely place.

12. These pictures are wonderful. I would love to walk through this garden.
    When I was a young girl of nineteen I flew to Japan to marry my fiance who was stationed there.
    If only I had taken advantage of those months in Kyushu. Live and learn.

Thanks! I think you would love this garden and it would provide inspiration for your writing. Do you think you will ever travel back to Japan to experience the things you missed?

• I would love to go back. It has been over 40 years since I was there. I am sure I wouldn’t recognize anything. My ex-husband and I were married at the American consulate in Fukuoka. In fact, I still have my Japenese marriage license from Fukuoka city hall.
        We lived in a small Japanese house in a small neighborhood a short distance from Fukuoka. Only two of my photos remain because my cellar flooded about three years ago and destroyed all my pictures. I hadn’t taken that many but some of them were of the Bomb Museum in Nagasaki where we had gone for our honeymoon. The experience was unbelievable, seeing what keloid heat did to those poor people.
        There is so much beauty in Japanese culture and ways…art, flowers etc. I missed much of it!

13. Jo Bryant says:

Wow – paradise hidden in a park…

14. TBM says:

Hi My Words Whisper. That sounds like an amazing experience. I am sorry to hear that a lot of your stuff was destroyed in a flood. That is horrible. I can’t imagine experiencing the museum and seeing the devastation from the bombs.

I haven’t experienced Japanese culture that much but I would love to. Everyone tells me how beautiful their ways are. I would love to visit Japan someday. It is on my list that’s for sure. I hope you can go back. It might be fun for you to see how much it has changed and to see what is still the same.

15. deslily says:

as always they are all gorgeous photo’s! thanks for sharing!

So beautiful, dear TBM. You are lucky people in London, there are so many parks and gardens in the city. Thank you for these beautiful photographs, fascinated me. Blessing and Happiness, with my love, nia

17. Robin says: