My Views

When I posted that my stuff had finally arrived in London and that we were settling in, Seasweetie requested to see views from my new flat.  I know this posting is overdue and I apologize.  Also, please don’t get your hopes up.  My views are not of the Thames or of a famous landmark. But it is a definite improvement.  In my previous apartment in Boston, I overlooked a gas station and the dumpsters.  In London, I overlook a lovely garden and quaint neighborhood streets.

The first couple of weeks, the weather was quite pleasant.  Many people flocked to the garden.

A couple of weeks ago autumn arrived bringing cooler weather and fallen leaves.

One frustrating part of my new flat is that repairs are currently going on and our building has scaffolding.  Every window has a lovely shot of scaffolding and during the work week, odds are pretty good that workers are right outside all of my windows.  I feel like I’m living in a fishbowl.  And these boards and poles block some of my views.  But I was told that it would only be for four weeks.

One day I looked out and saw the scaffolding truck.  I was excited since I believed that they were going to take down the eyesores right outside my windows.  However, they placed more scaffolding next door dashing my hopes for a clear view of my new neighborhood for weeks.

Once again I spied the scaffolding truck outside my window.  My hopes soared.  Surely it was time to take down the eyesores.  Was I right?  If you said I was wrong pat yourself on the back.  My hopes were squashed when I saw that they were taking down the scaffolding that I watched them erect next door a couple of weeks before.  What happened to the four weeks?

Then last week they started to take down the scaffolding in the back of the apartment.  However, they didn’t finish and left the lower level.  I’m not sure if they will ever come back.

This entry was posted in London and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to My Views

1. Kristina says:

I bet it will take ages for them to come back to take down the rest of the scaffolding! 😀

Oh I hope not, but I don’t have much hope in them. I know construction projects always take longer than anticipated, but come on. I want to be able to see outside.

2. It looks like a beautiful neighborhood!

3. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

The second street view picture looks very beautiful! However, the construction must suck. Europe always seems to be doing some sore to construction and it really is an eye sore.

How’s the noise though? What’s worse, the view of all the equipment or the noise?!

Great post! 🙂

I have been noticing a lot of scaffolding in all of the neighborhoods. It is odd since I hardly saw this in Boston. The noise depends on the day. Some of the work crews are always shouting at each other and are rude. On the other hand, some of the workers are so nice and go out of their way to be nice and helpful. I think the view of the equipment is the most annoying since I see it all the time. The noise isn’t always present. I’m hoping it will all go away soon.

4. Nandini says:

I really like the picture of the man cleaning up the leaves. If it would have been me, I would like them to be spread everywhere. They look so pretty that way.

Amazing place, and nice post. 🙂

5. Do you know what the project is? Scaffolding is always all over in NYC. They put it up, they take it down, they put it up again…Look at it as an opportunity for lovely shots of angles and shadows…

I think they are painting the trim around the windows, but it is taking forever. And it is getting way too cold to paint so there must be parts of the project that I don’t know. I will practice taking shots of angles and shadows. Thanks for the tip.

6. T.F.Walsh says:

Very nice views… even more once the scaffolding is gone:)

7. Beth Ann says:

Beautiful even with the scaffolding!! Thanks for sharing your little piece of the world with us!

8. TheBlackTwig says:

You got a good view there! Looks lively!

9. Carl V. says:

I think those are very lovely views, minus the construction material, of course. I’ve always loved red brick buildings and the combination of those and the park is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing, I hope your scaffolding is down soon.

I had high hopes that they might take it down today since the painter was cleaning up his stuff yesterday, but alas, no one is here. So at least one more weekend with it.

I love the brick buildings. I really can’t complain, even about the scaffolding. It is still wonderful.

The view is beautiful dear TBM, and I hope this scaffolding to be end soon. I know how makes you feel because I lived a few years ago. Thank you, Have a nice day, with my love, nia

Thanks Nia. Living with construction can be trying sometimes, but at least they are taking care of the building I am living in. Have a wonderful weekend!

11. That is better than in Bocton anyway, isn’t it?

Yes it is much better than my old view! I don’t have to stare at the trash cans anymore. And the garden is lovely. I’m excited to see it during the spring and summer.

12. jacquelincangro says:

Your neighborhood looks lovely. It’s wonderful to have a little green space in the city. Hopefully your apartment views will improve soon. I sympathize – my view is the brick wall of the building next door.

The brick wall of the building next door was my view from my front room in Boston. I can relate to that. I am loving all the green spaces in London. There is a little bit of paradise all around.