Under the Watchful Eye

It took two workers most of the afternoon today to clean up all the leaves in the garden across the street from me.  I was amazed by how long it took.  They didn’t take breaks or slack off.  Their boss never took his eyes off of them.  I took these photos from my balcony so they aren’t the best.

This entry was posted in Everyday life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Under the Watchful Eye

1. Meredith says:

Why does it still look like fall over there??? The grass is green, leaves still on the ground…Do you not have winter?

I don’t know yet. We’ve had some cold days and rain, but no snow. And there are still some leaves. I’m loving it! I do miss snow though.

2. Beth Ann says:

And look at that watchful dog!!! Wonderful!

3. Seasweetie says:

I love the boss! Somehow, leaf blowers do not fit with my image of London. I guess I imagined they would still use rakes. I also guess I’m living in a 19th century image of London.

4. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

Did they have to clean the entire park? And I love that dog just watching them with not a care in the world! 🙂

They did. I felt bad for them. It was a little cold and windy to make matters worse. It seems like a never ending job. I see them each week, but this was the first time that I noticed the dog.

Hehe the doggy. It looks like that over here as well and it’s warm but we had an incredible storm. I even had an accident a very emabrrassing one at that. The storm got my umbrella, I tried to hold it and it knocked me over. I fell in a puddle! How mortifying is that (:

Oh Caroline! I hope you are okay! That stuff happens to me all of the time. I am so accident prone. I once fell over in the middle of a busy intersection in Boston. I was walking one of my neighbor’s dog and I got wrapped up in his leash–he was a much larger dog than I’m used to–and I fell over completely. I feel for you!

• Caroline says:

Thanks, I’m beter but I was hurt. I couldn’t walk up and donw the stairs and hardly write. My left hand and knees are black, blue yellow. And I was ashamed. It was in the center of town. Luckily it was already dark and with the heavy rain people didn’t see it.

I’m really sorry to hear this news. No reason to feel ashamed. All of us do it at some point. I wish you a speedy recovery! Take it easy. Read some books, watch movies, and relax.

6. Carl V. says:

Brave dog. Mine would be freaked out by the rakes and blowers.

This is amazing dog… You really captured a nice photographs… Thank you dear TBM,

with my love, nia

That’s great! Isn’t it interesting how the dog makes both of the photos, even though the other two are the ones working.

9. Kristina says:

I noticed that it always takes so long for some people to clear the leaves of the pavements… I guess it depends whose doing it… Some people just can’t do it properly! 😀 While cycling in the mornings I notice a man clearing the leaves from the pavement one morning and when I cycled to work the next day there were still piles of leaves and half filled bags lying around on the cycling lane… that was really annoying… Then two days later I saw another man sweeping the leaves so neatly and quickly and on my way back I saw a tidy pile of bags full of leave waiting to be taken away 🙂

That is funny. But I know when I was in high school, this was one of my least favorite tasks so I feel for the guy. I’m surprised by how many leaves are still around. I look at the trees and I don’t see any leaves. Where are they coming from?

• Kristina says:

I guess sweeping is not the most efficient way, as the wind blows it messes things up, so guys don’t stand a chance 😀 Need one of those vacuum things to clear those reappearing leaves 😀

10. Can’t slack off with a boss like that. All fluffy and soft and fierce. 🙂