The Versatile Blogger Award

December has been good to me and it isn’t even Christmas yet.  First Jo Bryant was kind enough to give me The Reader Appreciation Award.  Then both Palm Trees & Bare Feet and Keep on Going have given me The Versatile Blogger Award.  I would like to thank both blogs.  I really enjoy all of these blogs I encourage all of you to check them out.

Here are the rules:

1. Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
  2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination
  3. Share 7 random things about yourself
  4. Thank the blogger who nominated you
  5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award Pic on your blog post

Here are my 7 random things about me:

1. In Zambia I held a lion’s paw.
  2. I am accident prone—I once slipped on ice, fell down a flight of stairs and broke my elbow.  I don’t know which was worse, the pain or the embarrassment of falling down during the morning rush at a subway stop in Boston.
  3. I love to travel to see sports.
  4. My favorite color is purple.
  5. I grew up in California, in high school I moved to Colorado, after college I moved to Boston, and I now live in London.  I keep moving east and I wonder if I will end up back where I started.
  6. My favorite actors are Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn.
  7. I can’t cook.

There are so many wonderful blogs out there.  Here is a list of ten that I hope you check out and enjoy:

1.  Seasweetie’s Pages

2. Portraits of Wildflowers

3. Photos from the Loonybin

4. Beauty is a Sleeping Cat

5. Words and Peace

6. 1001 Scribbles

7. Ed Rybczynski Photos

8. Gathering Books

9. Pages of Julia’s Blog

10. Imagery of Light

Thanks again to Palm Trees & Bare Feet and Keep on Going for the award!

This entry was posted in Random and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to The Versatile Blogger Award

Thank you so much TBM.
    You are accident prone? Poor you. I’m not actually, that’s why the umbrella incident shocked me.
    My favourite color is purple as well. 🙂

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been accident prone and I didn’t grow out of it. I’ve broken a few bones and one year when I was a kid I had to learn to write with my left hand since I broke my right thumb twice. I wish I kept up writing with my left hand, but I didn’t. Now I just laugh when I stumble or fall in front of people. When I was a kid I would be mortified. As an adult I can see the humor. It is good to be able to laugh at yourself and then head to the doctor 🙂

Purple rocks!

2. Kristina says:

Congratulations on your award! Well deserved! 😀

3. You’re too kind, thanks so much for passing the award on. I also love the color purple 🙂
    And I can’t cook too – but I bake. 🙂

You deserve it! I also love to bake. That is a task I can handle. And this is a great time of year for baking. Not that I’ve started yet. I am so behind on getting ready for the holidays.

4. thanks very much TBM for the nomination! I too love the colour purple…

5. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

You held a lion’s paw!? That is so cool! Was it a tame lion or a baby one? I would die to have that experience!

And don’t worry, I can’t cook either…

The lion was six months old and it was being trained to be released into the wild. So it was a little of both, tame and wild. We all had long sticks with us and we would use the stick to scratch the ground away from us to distract the playful lion. But if she turned her attention to me, I was instructed to stand up immediately. This happened once and it got my heart racing. They said that she wouldn’t try to hurt me, but to play with me like she does with her sister. But they are a little rougher in their type of play. Fortunately nothing happened and she went off to romp with her sister.

Congratulations dear TBM, you deserve all these awards…I love these awards we meet with new bloggers and also we can learn more about each of us. I am same with you about being accident prone! As now, I have a broken bone in my foot and I can’t go out… And another same point, yes, Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, they are my favurite names too… But how I am being envy, I wished to hold a lion’s paw and also tiger’s and also jaguar’s and also Panda’s…. 🙂 You are lucky one dear TBM, Blessing and Happiness for you and for your family, Thank you, with my love, nia

Thanks Nia. I’m sorry to hear that you are also accident prone. Life isn’t easy for people like us. I hope your foot recovers quickly so you can dance! The next movie on my list is Bringing up Baby. This is one of my favorite Grant/Hepburn movies! Thanks for your kind words.

7. Thank you very much for mentioning 1001 Scribbles 😉 That’s very kind of you!

8. Congratulasions, TBM! You deserve it! And try to stay safe. 🙂 I have always bruised easily, and I’ll see a bruise and have no idea how I got it. 🙂

9. Meredith says:

Re: can’t cook. Yes you can. You make a mean beans and franks.

Congrats on your versatile blogger nomination. That’s impressive! proud of you.

Congratulations on another well-deserved award!

11. Congratulations on your award TBM. Your blog is an inspiration to many, and as I have said before, I enjoy traveling vicariously through you!! Thank you also for nominating my blog for this award as well. I truly appreciate it 🙂

Thanks for the kind words. That is very nice to hear. It is fun sharing my photos since they remind me of so many happy memories. The memories are just as wonderful as the experiences. Congrats on your award! I love seeing your photos! Have a wonderful weekend!

12. Pingback: The Versatile Blogger award « Words And Peace

13. Jo Bryant says:

Love your 7 things. Accident prone – ahhhhhhhh – I do know that one, having broken my back twice through accidents, though I still feel neither was MY fault…

Ouch! That sounds painful. If you are like me, they weren’t your fault. A victim of circumstances. I hope you are recovered from both! I haven’t had any major mishaps in a while. Wait for the first icy morning when I take Miles out.

14. The Hook says:

I can’t cook either! What are the odds?

15. shelleydlm says:

I can’t stop reading! Thank you. Your blog is great!