Travel Photo of the Day (Dec. 16)

The other day I popped into a sports bar in London to catch some of the Liverpool match. The guys at the table didn’t fit in at all.

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in London, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

43 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Dec. 16)

1. Kristina says:

Ha ha this is great! Maerry Christmas! 😀

When I first showed up there were only a couple of Santas, but they kept coming into the bar. I think there was a Santa run in town that day and these Santas were thirsty after the run. Can’t blame them!

2. Carl V. says:

That is so much fun. It would have been a riot to have been there to witness that.

3. Beth Ann says:

I love it!!! What a great photo!!!! Santa gets thirsty, too!!!!

Ha, ha! A Santa convention!…..well maybe not!! I said that because I have a very good friend who is an excellent Santa Clause (looks just like him) and books up every year with people wanting Santa visits, parties and photographs. He goes to Santa conventions regularly!

5. pagesofjulia says:

Are they hashers? I think the hashers do a Santa-hasher run every year. (You would be able to tell they were hashers if they were… well, drunk would be a good start.) I don’t know, do they even have hashers in London? Hm.

6. We have a charity Santa dash in my town tomorrow!

7. Now that is holiday spirit!! Love it!

8. Woman says:

Pssst!!! They were Santa’s little elves!!!!!

9. [Gm] says:

So this is why my presents are not here yet… Santa(s) are busy with something else :D…

Oh, my God! We are all waiting for Santa (we are= children=(and)me 🙂 ) but they are going to a bar….. This was so lovely and great fun dear TBM, you were in right time in right place for this moment. Wonderful photograph. Thank you, with my love, nia

11. IsobelandCat says:

I was in a pub once when a Father Christmas party arrived. The group included some Mother Christmas’ and some with an apparent penchant for PVC…

12. Redhead says:

hilarious! those weirdos at the table should be have been given santa hats at the door.

13. This is such a brilliant photo! Oh I love London, and clearly Santa does too 🙂

14. T.F.Walsh says:

What an awesome photo… must have been a surprise to walk in on them.

15. Melissa says:

Ha! My friends used to do a Santa Pub Crawl, then they switched it to a Zombie Pub Crawl (around Halloween). The funny thing is usually by the the third bar you can’t tell if someone is in “Zombie Character”, or just really ripped!

A zombie crawl…that’s brilliant. I’ll have to look into that next year. I’m sure I’ve done a zombie impression at some point and didn’t know it.

16. mate i think i know where this is, it looks like a bar i go too in Strand/temple is THis Walkabout

17. The Hook says:

Big group of “Santa’s Helpers”, isn’t it?
    At least, that’s what I told my daughter!

18. Robin says: