Trying to Get Back into a Routine

Since moving to London I have been lazy in the mornings.  In Boston I would get up early, go for a walk around the Chestnut Hill Reservoir, have a little breakfast, and then head to work.  In London, since I am taking some time to figure out what my next career move will be, I haven’t been getting up early.  And it is a shame.  I love how beautiful it is in the early morning hours.  This morning I got up before the sun.  Everything was quiet, I could hear the birds wake up, and I loved the peaceful atmosphere in my neighborhood.  I’m going to try to get into a better habit so I don’t miss out on seeing this:

This entry was posted in Everyday life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Trying to Get Back into a Routine

1. T.F.Walsh says:

You probably just need to get into a internal clock to get up early:) Love the orange sunsets…

2. TheBlackTwig says:

I am also a night person. But I wouldn’t mind waking up early for such a view.

The views are lovely. I find that I am more productive when I wake up earlier. When I stay up late at night, I’ll get sucked into TV and not accomplish as much.

Beautiful moments and so beautiful photographs… I loved them all dear TBM, sunrise and sunset times are the most beautiful times in a day for me… How I wished to see and to watch it with my camera too but unfortunately I live among the concrete world… I should go out for these kind of shots… Thank you, that you made me to feel these moments… Have a nice and enjoyable day, with my love, nia

Thanks Nia. We are lucky to have a view of the garden. If you venture out for some early morning shots I hope you share. I would love to see the sunrise in your part of the world.

4. Kristina says:

This is beautiful, I love early mornings, and they are the best part of the day!

5. Palm Trees & Bare Feet says:

What is the time difference between Boston and London?

London is five hours ahead of Boston, except during Daylight savings. The time changed in London one week later so for one week the difference was four hours. I have no idea why the two don’t change at the same time.

6. Beautiful colour against the darkness!! I love the early morning hours, especially on the weekend when I can enjoy the peace and quiet, relax a little and reflect on the week gone by.

7. IsobelandCat says:

We’re nearly at the shortest day. Gradually the mornings will get lighter. Maybe you’ll rise earlier then. In mid-winter I want to hibernate. I know what you mean about late nights and tv, but I seldom watch tv these days. I am turning into my mother; permanently tuned to Radio 4, or happy with silence. 🙂

I am doing my best not to give into hibernation mode this winter. If I can start the habit now, hopefully I can keep it up through winter. I’ve also been trying not to watch TV late at night. Lately I’ve been reading before bed, but I still succumb to the temptation more often than I’d like.

8. Nandini says:

I too am trying hard to getting up early routine. When I’m home with my parents, I get lazy and it’s difficult to find a reason to get up, esp., now in winters. But great that you have begun. Good luck with that. You inspired me.

Beautiful just-before-sunrise moment. Great photo. 🙂

I’ll try to keep it up to keep inspiring you as well. But it is difficult on a cold winter morning to drag myself out of bed. One day at a time. Thanks!

9. wolke205 says:

Beautiful photos! Especially the second 🙂 I m a morning person & like to get up early..well, not too early of course 😉

The sunrise looks beautiful in your area.

Why not be lazy once in a while? I’m off work for two weeks but still wake early. Even the cats adjusted to the new routine and don’t get up… I’m waking them now… Ha!

Can your cats train mine to sleep in? Atticus starts right before daylight to try to wake me up. Miles, the dog, will sleep all morning if I let him. He is not a morning dog.

Do you have any plans for you time off? Two weeks, that is a nice break. Enjoy!

• Caroline says:

I would have liked to go away but haven’t found a cat sitter. I don’t mind too much. Thsi was a stressful year, I need to recover from it.
        Yeah, they are pretty cool cats when it comes to sleeping. they run in the day time and sleep at night, pretty much like a doggie.

Hopefully two weeks will be enough time to recover. Sorry to hear that it has been stressful. Take time to enjoy. You deserve it. Sometimes it is hard to find a cat sitter around the holidays. We are going out of town for a weekend over New Year’s Eve and finding a sitter has been a pain.

I wish you lots of rest and happiness over the holidays!

12. Beautiful sunrise. Orange streaks. And the trees. Love. 🙂

13. The Hook says:

Good luck!
    Beautiful shots, by the way.

14. Carl V. says:

Wow, gorgeous!!!

I know what you mean about routines. After this final week off where I plan to ignore all routines and just read, play games and watch movies, I look forward to the tradition of returning to some routines while trying to create others that is known as New Years’ resolution time.

I hope you enjoyed your week off! Sounds like you had a great game plan!

• Carl V. says:

It was mostly good. I did get far too many interruptions from work, but I still enjoyed the time off. Going back this morning. Planning to have a positive attitude about it. 🙂

My better half has to deal with the work interruptions. At least you know you are needed. Good luck with keeping up the positive attitude! It can be trying sometimes, especially when it concerns working.

15. Storm Rider says: