Travel Photo of the Day (Dec. 20)

This was our view while sitting at the pool in Honduras.

This entry was posted in Central America, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Dec. 20)

1. Lovely view.
    My best memory of Honduras is having a tooth abscess and the US Embassy telling me that under no circumstances should I use a Honduran dentist. Instead, I should immediately return to Guatemala and have it fixed there.

Oh man that’s horrible. Did they say why Honduran dentists were so bad? Did you like Guatemala 🙂 I hope it all worked out in the end.

• They just said that after one experience and discussions with locals and other diplomats, everybody who could possibly afford it went to Guatemala for any dental work. They found a great dentist in Guatemala City who fixed me right up. When I got home my dentists said it was a professional piece of work.

I spent close to 4 months in Guatemala, mostly in Xela, (officially, Quetzaltenango – spell check tells me that I mean sublieutenant -) and loved it. Despite what our government had down down there they really liked Americans, The people I stayed with said:
        “We don’t blame you for your government. We know that the citizens of the USA have no say.”, which, coming from a Mayan family that who had over 10 relatives killed through the previous decade was quite a statement.

Glad to know that it all worked out. 4 months in Guatemala sounds like a wonderful experience. I visited it in 2008 for a week and the people were so friendly. That is amazing that the Mayan family were able to separate you from the American government. That would be hard for many people to do considering the circumstances.

2. carol says:

What a gorgeous view! So lush and green.

3. Rough life TBM :). I love the way you live!!

I’ve been lucky. Of course not all the places that I stay at are so beautiful. Well there was that hotel in the Bronx that had a lovely view of the subway that went by every two minutes. That was nice.

I dreamed now… Should be so beautiful… Thank you dear TBM, this was a wonderful photograph. With my love, nia

5. xandimusic says:

fantastic shot, TBM!!

Beautiful! The lush tropical surroundings are awesome!

7. Kristina says:

Wonderful greenery… imagine having a picnic and seeing all this around you…