Award Winning Books Reading Challenge

Some of you may have wondered if I was done signing up for reading challenges for 2012.   And the answer is no.  Even though I have committed myself to reading ten novels by Dickens and War and Peace I decided why not join a few more.  One of those challenges is hosted by Gathering Books.  They are sponsoring an Award Winning Books Reading Challenge.  You can read adult, children’s, and young adult award-winning novelists for this challenge.  I haven’t decided on all of the novels that I will read.  Fortunately for me, the books can overlap with other reading challenges.  I will be attempting level 1, there are four levels, which means I will try to read ten books or less.  So far I’m considering:

1. Foundation by Isaac Asimov—this is the first in the series and the series won the Hugo Award for Best All-Time Series in 1966
  2. The Illuminatus! Trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert Anton Wilson—In 1986 it won the Prometheus Hall of Fame Award

I will be adding more books to this list hopefully.

This entry was posted in Books and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Award Winning Books Reading Challenge

1. Hanna says:

You are such a busy bee ^^

2. T.F.Walsh says:

Best of luck with the challenge… can’t wait to see the full list of book you’ll read:)

3. Great! I’m thrilled that you decided to join! I’m looking forward to reading your reviews – I’m sure it will add a different flavor/taste to the usual humdrum stuff. 🙂

I’m looking forward to it. Thanks for hosting. It will be a lot of fun to post my reviews and to read other reviews as well. The only danger is my TBR list will drastically increase! Let the fun begin!

4. Grace says:

I’m excited for the Foundation groupread. I’ll be counting that one as well!

5. Kristina says:

Did you read The Lord of the flies by William Golding, it’s considered to be 20th century English literature classic 🙂

I read it years and years ago. It is on my list so I will have to re-read to complete my challenge. Maybe I will read it for this challenge. Thanks for the suggestion!

6. Nandini says:

Great post, inspirational. Keep adding because I will read some of them too. 😉

The first one what I have in my list too… I haven’t read yet his book… But the second one, I have met now… Dear TBM, you are an amazing reader. I can’t catch you… 🙂 Thank you, you are so nice that you share with us, Good Luck and happy readings and enjoyable times, with my love, nia

Thanks Nia. I don’t know much about the second one, but I’m hoping in a couple of months to let you know more about it. Have a wonderful day!

8. At the end of the year I’d like to know which make YOUR top 5!

9. BookRain says:

I hope you pick some Young Adult ones 🙂

I am considering a couple. I have The Book Thief and Eldest on my shelf. Any suggestions for me? It might be fun to read some children’s books as well.

10. IsobelandCat says:

Have you read Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials trilogy? Where do you sit with Michael Morpurgo?
    Remembrance by Teresa Breslin?

I haven’t read any novels by these authors. I’ll have to look into them! Thanks for the suggestions! When I worked in a bookstore in Boston, Pullman was very popular.