Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 10)

Ever since I read Mark Twain I’ve been fascinated with the Mississippi River.  Over a year ago, I finally saw the river in person when I visited New Orleans.  The river did not disappoint me and now I want to read his work, Life on the Mississippi.

TB Markinson is an American who's recently returned to the US after a seven-year stint in the UK and Ireland. When she isn't writing, she's traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs in New England, or reading. Not necessarily in that order. Her novels have hit Amazon bestseller lists for lesbian fiction and lesbian romance. She cohosts the Lesbians Who Write Podcast (lesbianswhowrite.com) with Clare Lydon. TB also runs I Heart Lesfic (iheartlesfic.com), a place for authors and fans of lesfic to come together to celebrate lesbian fiction.
This entry was posted in North America, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 10)

1. Kate Kresse says:

I spent much of my childhood in Minnesota towns along the Mississippi River. It has such a rhythm and heartbeat. We would boat and waterski on the river. We even camped on the sandbars on the river. Lovely, happy times. Have you been up to Itasca, MN to walk across the source of the River?

2. carol says:

I love the sun sparkling on the water.

3. xandimusic says:

fantastic shot TBM!!!!!

4. T.F.Walsh says:

Very gorgeous and inspirational:)

5. obrienspix says:

It’s an amazing river…I grew up in Memphis…we have two bridges like that over it that connects Tennessee to Arkansas. Great shot.

6. Having grown up on the water, I look at this photo and immediately feel a sense of calm!! Beautiful shot, especially the sun sparkling on the water.

7. Hi! I also visited New Orleans November of last year, but for some reason, I wasn’t able to take as lovely a photo as you did of the Mississippi river! This is gorgeous. 🙂

A beautiful clear day help capture a great photo! Very nice!

9. IsobelandCat says:

Another beautiful photo, love the dancing rays.

10. Kristina says:

Love the photo, the sparkling water is so beautiful! 🙂

11. buddhafulkat says:

gorgeous – just what I needed!

12. Nandini says: