Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 15)

A cloudy, but hot and humid day in Ocean City, New Jersey.

This entry was posted in North America, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 15)

1. T.F.Walsh says:

Looks a like an overcast day… perfect for just watching the waves:)

2. xandimusic says:

great shot TBM!!! Nice πŸ™‚

3. The Hook says:

Again, I’d rather be there….

4. wow great beach, bet the sea isn’t too friendly?

Thanks Gilly. The sea was pretty calm that day, but I spent most of the day preoccupied with the wedding so I didn’t get a chance to get into the water.

Beautiful calmness and view… Thank you, dear TBM. Have a nice week, with my love, nia

6. Kristina says:

Lovely seaside πŸ™‚ Reminds me Baltic seaside back home πŸ™‚ humid weather is worst… πŸ™‚

7. IsobelandCat says:

Have you thought about cropping it? I tried viewing it from above the fence, and found it much more satisfying.

8. Nandini says:

Welcoming and peaceful πŸ™‚

9. Ooh, except for the fence… we have boardwalks… and the smaller “dunes,” this could easily be our beach here. And, yep, it gets just as overcast… and, as one commenter noted, it’s good for gazing.

I could sit and start at the ocean all day, and in fact, I have done this on many occasions. I grew up in Southern California and going to the beach was a family event that happened a couple times a month in the summer. Where is your beach? I live closer to a river now, but I can also sit and watch it for hours. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

10. We live in Port Aransas, and it’s maybe about a block from the boardwalk which connects to the Gulf of Mexico. But I think that rivers and other bodies of water are much more fascinating because of the land around them. When we went to LA last year… my first time there, although my husband’s from New Orleans… I was over the moon at all the waterways they had! In hog’s heaven, actually. I kept saying that LA does water way mo’ betta than TX. Our landforms are very special; our bodies of water, endless possibilities. And, if they could talk, their stories would keep us spellbound.

11. Kate Kresse says:

I lived about an hour and 15 min from bot LBI and Ocean City–both on the Jersey Shore. The dune fence is part of the glory of the photo for me— and of course the beach and water. but viewed through the lovely dune fence evokes a powerful feeling in my heart. Sighing wistfully and missing the Jersey shore. Thank you for the photo….

I thought the fence was a quaint part of the beach. It added a rustic feeling for me and a little bit of nostalgia. I’m glad you enjoyed the photo. I love seeing photos from where I’m from or from where I have lived and talking a stroll down memory lane.

12. Nice, it actually looked kind of Middle-eastern to me – what with the sand and the grayness all around. πŸ™‚