Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 26)

The North Bridge, Concord, Massachusetts.   This was where the American Revolutionary War began in 1775.  It is hard to image that a war started in such a beautiful place.  Through the trees you can see the Old Manse, a home constructed by Ralph Waldo Emerson’s grandfather.  This home was vital to the transcendentalist revolution that began in the 1830s.   In one spot you can see two key places for two types of revolutions in America.

This entry was posted in Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Jan. 26)

Beautiful, so beautiful… Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

2. Gilly Gee says:

Yes it looks very peaceful now, serene and green.

3. Jack Elliott says:

Interesting juxtaposition, to see such a peaceful looking nook and then read of its role in the American Revolution.

4. The Hook says:

Very calming, thanks!

5. Meredith says:

Pretty

6. lynnsbooks says:

It’s so green it almost looks unreal doesn’t it? What a lovely pic!

7. Very nice picture. I like to put a bridge in the corner of the picture too, it adds more to it. Is this bridge really that old? Looks so new 🙂

8. obrienspix says:

That is a little pretty for a war….great shot TBM.

It seems so peaceful now. Hard to believe it was the sight of war.

10. Look at those greens. And to think that this used to be a central place during the Revolution. Makes you wonder, doesn’t it.

11. Are you going to show us Walden Pond as well?

Steve Schwartzman

12. Kristina says:

Such a beautiful and historical place! Yu are right, how can a war start in a place as beautiful as this!

I don’t know…but I think I would say that about many places. War is filled with death and horror and nature is so serene and beautiful. Life is full of puzzles.

13. Nandini says:

Amazingly green, great photo, TBM! The stillness in it so profound. 🙂

14. megtraveling says:

I’ve been here many times (I’m from Lexington). It’s a very lovely and peaceful place. Nice photo!

15. Sandi Ormsby says:

That looks so luscious! We don’t have this color of green in Southern California, where it rains maybe 6x a year.

Lovely!

*visiting from The Hook’s blog. Let me know when you’re in the Los Angeles/San Diego Region…

Sandi
    Lake Forest, CA USA

I grew up in Southern California. I think that is why I love the rain so much since it hardly rained during my childhood. San Diego is one of my favorite cities. I grew up in Orange County. Thanks for the stopping by!