Travel Photo of the Day (Feb. 6)

I took this photo last Saturday before the snow hit on Saturday night.  Brompton Cemetery in London, England.

This entry was posted in London, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Feb. 6)

Cemeteries always give a sadness to me… But this is wonderful photograph. Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

2. IsobelandCat says:

I’m guessing you didn’t get to Haworth when you were in Yorkshire? You’re going to go overboard there!

We didn’t, but luckily we are planning another trip to our friends house in York later this year. I’ll have to look into it. Is that the place of the Bronte sisters?

3. Carl V. says:

One of the first things I would want to do on a trip to England would be to check out some of the cool old cemeteries. There is just so much rich history there.

Carl you are going to love England. You know so much about the authors, history, and everything…I would love to see your face when you wander around this beautiful place. You would be in heaven.

4. T. F. Walsh says:

Everything is so overgrown… what a cool image.

They definitely look old.

6. Jo Bryant says:

A woman after my own heart – I LOVE cemeteries

7. Nice! Did you have a chance to look at the cemetery photos I took from New Orleans and here in Singapore?

I did! But for some reason I can’t find the posts to revisit them. The cemeteries in New Orleans are so cool. I haven’t been to any yet in Singapore.

8. Kristina says:

Nice, sort of coldish but peaceful ambience in the picture! I haven’t been to this cemetery. It’s weir that people here are going for a walk or a jog in the cemetery 🙂 We have an old cemetery in Nunhead, not far from Brockley and went there for a walk some time ago and it was actually very nice, it’s like a big park overlooking the City and St Paul’s Cathedral from the top of the hill with graves dating back to 1800!

I’ll have to check out the cemetery in Nunhead. Sounds like it has some cool views and history. I was a little surprised that the cemetery here is used more like a park, but I adapted quickly and it is one of my favorite places to go for a walk or a run.

9. winsomebella says:

I love taking pictures in cemeteries too…..this is a great shot!

10. Carol says:

Gorgeous photo, in a rather spooky way.