Travel Photo of the Day (Feb. 15)

I’m continuing with the photos from Victoria Falls.  I was amazed by the bravery of the bird in the middle.  He is standing not too far from the actual falls.

This entry was posted in Africa, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (Feb. 15)

1. xandimusic says:

great one TBM! I waited for it…. 🙂
    have a nice day,
    xandi

2. Northern Narratives says:

I really like the bird 🙂

3. Jo Bryant says:

stunning and yes one brave bird

4. Amazing how your eye and camera catch such things, I bet I wouldn’t have noticed the bird. This is a very special shot of a brave bird!

5. Cassie says:

beautiful. Love the bird.

6. Take it you weren’t tempted for a swim in the devil’s pool there then? 😉

Don’t blame ya like!

Actually we wanted to do it, but we were there during the wrong time. The water level was too high in June. It was a relief and a disappointment all at the same time. Great video!

7. T. F. Walsh says:

Wouldn’t want to come down those rapids

8. IsobelandCat says:

This picture really shows the force and energy of the water. Such power.

Just like “The African Queen”.

Yes! I should watch that movie again. After reading your review I want to learn more about the behind the scenes of this movie. I wonder how often they were on a set.

• Caroline says:

After reading Sarah’s comment I ordered a cheap used copy of Katharine Hepburn’s “Making of of African Queen”. It must have been very adventurous to make the movie.

I read her book Me and really enjoyed it. But I haven’t read the one about the African Queen. I’m curious if you will like it. I’m planning an outing to used bookstores soon so I’ll keep a lookout for it. And I need to write the names downs of some of the books you are reading this year. Wish me luck.

10. brave bird can be glad to have better wings than chicken …

11. Brave little bird – looks so fragile but is strong!

12. Kristina says:

Impressive! Well I guess birds can just fly away 🙂

13. I could just imagine the sounds of the water. My favorite sound in the world.