Books, books, and more books

Near Craven Cottage there is a bookstore after my own heart.  When I walked in, I thought it would be completely disorganized.  However, I learned that they had the books divided into sections and spreadsheets for all the different sections, including authors, titles, and genres.  I was pretty impressed.  Unfortunately I could only browse since I was on my way to a football match and I didn’t want to lug any books around.  But, I’ll be back!

This entry was posted in Books, London and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

63 Responses to Books, books, and more books

1. Fiona says:

That looks like Heaven to me and I love the sound of the spreadsheet.

2. Wonderful! This looks like a perfect place for a tearoom.

3. fgassette says:

Love books. I ave six large book cases full of them. Like how these are stacked.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

That is a lot of books. I only have five large book cases right now, but I hope to expand my library over the years. However, mine aren’t stacked this this. I’m trying to guess how many books you have, but I can only come up with a lot. Math was never my strong suit 🙂 I’m jealous!

4. Kristina says:

ohhh I love book stores, Love love books 🙂

5. Looks like a great place to spend a rainy day!

6. What a great find! 🙂

7. Nate says:

Reminds me of Powells bookstore back home in Portland, OR. Hope the reading is going well.

8. OMG, books and organization – two of my favourite words in the english language!! Now you make me feel like reading! 🙂

9. Grace says:

That looks wonderful; I wish that more used bookstores would be better organized. I went to a little used bookstore in DC yesterday, but it had almost no sci-fi/fantasy selection, and the books were stacked in such a way that there was a row of books behind the rows of books at the front of the shelves. Another customer tried to grab a book near the top of the shelf and unleashed a torrent of books onto the heads of everyone underneath. It was kind of awkward, lol…

Oh the poor customer! How embarrassing. I hope no one was hurt. This store also had books stacked up and I was a little nervous to touch them. But the guy offered to help me if I needed anything above my head. If I had more time, I would have taken him up on the offer just to see how graceful he could be.

10. wolke205 says:

I could spend a week in bookstores 😀 The past year I ve read 30 books, 3 so far lol I loveeee books 🙂

I’ve always wanted to own a bookstore, but I fear I would never make any sales. I wouldn’t be able to let go of them. Good luck reading this year!

11. zelmare says:

I can smell the books… 🙂

12. Heaven! How I miss independent booksellers. They are disappearing so rapidly in the States.

13. Nandini says:

I wish I could be there most of my time! 😀 Thanks for sharing, TBM!

14. Whhoooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaw!!!! Impressive!!! 🙂 **

A reader’s heaven!!

16. Kate Kresse says:

what a fabulous bookstore to come across!

Ow my…what a heaven for book lover.

18. Northern Narratives says:

I wish I had a store like that near me. I love bookstores 🙂

19. Carl V. says:

Sounds amazing. And very impressive that they are so organized. Pretty rare for used bookstores. Can’t wait to see what you discover when you go on an actual shopping visit.

20. Madhu says:

Would love to browse around that shop! Don’t have very many near where we live. The few good ones are being torn down to make way for malls!

21. Jo Bryant says:

Now if only they provided beds so you never have to leave

This is great. Made me excited… Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

23. Now this looks like my kind of place! When I traveled around Eastern Europe last year, I made sure that I visited their out-of-the-way bookshops and bought a book from each country. Also took loads of photos of those charming book nooks/ book corners – my favorite by far is not found in Europe but in San Francisco – Green Apple! I love that store, but I have a feeling that this new discovery of yours more organization what with spreadsheets and such. How awesome! 🙂 There is one book that I always look for when I visit book shops and so far I have not had the luck of finding it yet, Christopher Morley’s The Haunted Bookshop initially published in 1919. 🙂 Wouldn’t it be awesome if you find it there. 🙂

I’ll have to write the title down. I keep a wishlist of books in my wallet since I have a horrible memory. I would love to find it.

And now I want to visit the Green Apple! I also love to visit bookstores when I travel. It is a great way to get to know a place. To see the books that are popular and to get a sense of the culture. You can learn a lot. And of course I like to pick up some.

24. Geoff W says:

This makes me incredibly jealous and definitely makes me want to come back to the UK! While you’re there you should make a point of going to the Hay-on-Wye (book/literary) festival and take lots of pictures! I want to live vicariously through you.

25. Mmm… so many books!
    (Drools)

26. T.F.Walsh says:

Love the look of that store… it would grab my attention

27. Subhan Zein says: