Saturday Stroll in London

A couple of weeks ago, we had plans in Covent Garden on a Saturday night.  The weather was beautiful so we decided to walk there.  Walking is one of my preferred methods of travel since you get to see so much.

On the way, we walked through Kensington Gardens.

I was surprised to see this bird in London.

Here is the Princess Diana Memorial in Hyde Park.  The memorial is designed to show her love of children and I think the children and families enjoy it.

Images from Hyde Park

Boris bikes were all over

We had a lovely stroll…even if my allergies acted up.

This entry was posted in London and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

81 Responses to Saturday Stroll in London

1. msbuzzz says:

After reading this, feeling like I literally visited, the great Kensington Garden, and of course the pics are as usual amazing 🙂

2. efratadenny says:

Nice series of photos..

3. Lovely! I think that parrot is an escaped pet.

Seems that you had a wonderful time in these parks… You captured so beautiful photographs but my best ones, ther first one and the bird… So beautiful… Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

5. I’ve never been in Hyde Park when it’s been this busy. Think the last time I was there it was about 4:30 in the morning and I was killing time before I could check into my hotel to sleep before going out clubbing (a long long time ago!)

4:30 in the morning…that does not sound like too much fun. I wonder if you saw a different side of the city.

• It was actually lovely! I only had to share the park with the squirrels and a couple of crazy joggers and the streets were empty.

Was pretty glad to get checked in and sleep until I had to go out that night though!

That was the night I was on my way to Alexandra Palace ready to go out and some religious ladies started having a go at me on the street for my outfit! So much for live and let live!

LOL…it sounds like you had an interesting time that’s for sure. Who goes jogging that early in the morning. That is why I can never consider myself a real runner. I don’t have the dedication.

6. Nandini says:

…And I would love to see this part of the world. As I’ve mentioned earlier as well that London is among the top in my list of foreign places.

These are beautiful photos, TBM. Loved the freshness, the colors, the sunlight, the flowers.. I agree with your walking here. Only if we could walk all the time …:)

Loved this post.

Nandini I really hope you get to see London. The city will amaze you! In the meantime, I’ll do my best to share photos with you. Thanks for your kind words.

7. scrapydo says:

Thanks for the walk in the park I enjoyed it!

8. Oh my.. sweet memories!!! wishing to one day be able to experience this in spring/summer!!! Gorgeous to see so many people out and about!! 🙂 **

9. Wow, it looks like the middle of summer there already! I love the sense of relaxation that these photos convey, something so many people don’t or can’t make time to do these days. Thanks for sharing TBM. 🙂

Well if you need tips on how to relax, spend the weekend with us. I won’t make you organize that’s for sure 🙂 Unless of course you find that relaxing…but you might have to spend longer than a weekend to get me organized.

• That was too funny. I almost choked on my cereal!! What a shame that I’m not coming to London next month with my son – just think of all the organizing I could have done for you. 🙂

It might ruin a friendship though. You might find out how stubborn I can be. My piles make sense to me…at least 60% of the time. The other 40% is when someone messes with it and messes with the pile mojo.

Maybe we should just hit the pubs. Is your son excited?

• Well I certainly don’t want to ruin our friendship, so I will leave your pile mojo alone! :). And yes, Daniel is getting excited, but I don’t think it is really going to hit him until he is sitting on the plane. This is his first plane ride too!! We went to a meeting about the trip last night and saw the final itinerary. It looks amazing!

I’m like that. I don’t really know what I’m in for until I get on the plane and start. I felt that way when I up and moved to Boston six years ago and I felt that way when I moved to London last year. I bet he has a great time!

10. Great photos!

Love the little bird in the tree!!

11. zannyro says:

Thank you for taking me to this wonderful spot, I always wondered what it was really like 🙂

12. aFrankAngle says:

I’v never been to London, but hope to someday. Thanks for sharing the photos!

13. Dounia says:

Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing! I love parks in the spring and summer, when they’re filled with people – I just think it’s such a pleasant sight 🙂 But I love the allergies less, so I understand how awful those can be!

Well I didn’t help myself with my allergies. I know I have them. And yet, each year I always forget to start taking my medicine when I notice the trees and flowers blooming. Then I start to wonder why my eyes are watering and why I have a headache. I’m a slow learner I guess.

But I won’t let my allergies or stupidity keep me away from nature 🙂

14. wildnightin says:

Oh! It looks like perfect Spring weather in London. I hope you enjoyed Covent Garden too.

The parakeets are very common in the South-East (especially the London area, Surrey and Berkshire) and there’s a bit of a debate among ornithologists as to whether they’re too much of a threat to other native species be allowed to continue to breed. If I remember rightly their species is meant to have originated in South-East Asia.

Personally, I think they look very nice. 🙂

I like them as well. I’ll have to look into the debate some more. I will admit when I saw it I was wondering how in the world it ended up in London. It didn’t look tame at all and from what you say, they are wild here and breed. Sounds like an interesting story is behind this discovery.

It looks very lovely. I always meant to visit Kensington Gardens.

16. I have been to Hyde park in summer and walking there is awesome 🙂

17. Lynne Ayers says:

Sure looks like spring sprang already in London. Are we going to get some Olympic photos from you this summer?

18. Oh, how I miss walking in London. It was one of my fave things to do when we were visiting. I think, London will forever be one of my favorite places to visit. I don’t know why but I have always loved it.

This is a great walking city. With all of the history, architecture, literary figures and to be honest I find it to be a romantic city. And also the Thames is wonderful. I can see why you love it.

19. beautiful photos 🙂

20. Sartenada says:

I enjoyed very much taking us for a walking tour with You. I love those photos.

London looks so nice.

I love that first photo…kinda look like Sakura tree.

Beautiful captures! I really like the flower photos, and especially the first one with all those blossoms – wow!

23. It looks like you are having warmer weather than we are! Great shots, all.

The last week hasn’t been that warm and the sun is hiding. Right now the sky is grey and the clouds look like they are about to open up. Which is good, England needs rain!

24. Alexandra says:

Wow, maybe it was someone’s bird which flew away? So many people everywhere – it all looks very lively and positive 🙂

25. Jackie Cangro says:

It looks like the temperature is finally spring there with everyone in shorts. A perfect day for a visit to the park.
    I’ll be heading to Amsterdam soon, so I hope the weather stays lovely.

26. For a girl who doesn’t know how to drive or bike, walking (or running) is my favorite mode of travel as well. Beautiful park, thank you for sharing these photos with us.

Right now I don’t own a car or bike so if I don’t take public transportation, walking is my only form of getting places. And I can’t complain since London is wonderful.

27. zelmare says:

Ah…lovely! It brings back memories. Love the parrot! Is that Wills riding bike? 😉

28. fgassette says:

Glad you took us along. Good photos, especially the green bird in the tree.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

29. Madhu says:

Thank you for sharing your day at the park!

30. 52BrandNew says:

Beautiful pictures! I love the flowers and buds. That bird was surprising!

31. Jo Bryant says:

really lovely shots…hope you had a great Easter

32. Hanna says:

Hi,
    This is so nice. I like London so much, I find the parks also beautiful!

Thanks Hanna! The parks are wonderful here and I love that even though London is a big city there are still so many areas to appreciate nature.

33. orples says:

It looks like the park had a little something for everyone to enjoy. You took some beautiful photos.

34. The Hook says:

Looks like a paradise!

35. Lovely pics!

Oh a Rose-ringed Parakeet sighting in London! It’s normal habitat is in Africa and Asia. I too think that it might be someone’s pet which has ran (flown?) away.

36. Pingback: Springtime in the High Desert « weird & cool stuff seen while out & about

37. Valentina says:

It looks like summer. These photographs brought back great memories. Thank you for sharing.