Travel Photo of the Day (April 20)

“Now I know I left my keys somewhere around here.”  I don’t know why, but I think of this every time I see this photo.  He does look like he is looking for something important.   And I lose my keys all of the time so I can relate.  More than likely he is looking for dinner.   I do know what kind of bird this is, but I’m wondering how many of you know.  Your clue is Botswana.

This entry was posted in Africa, Travel, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (April 20)

I haven’t met before with this lovey one, how amazing his colours… But he seems very serious and focus on his dinner…You didn’t see what he caught at the end? Thank you dear TBM, have a nice and enjoyable weekend, with my love, nia

2. Gilly Gee says:

That would be a lilac breasted Roller!

3. No…i like to think he’s looking for his keys as well…haha. Nice.

4. deslily says:

beautiful bird whatever it is lol…if you left your keys there you are in deep doo doo!

5. Pat Bean says:

It’s a lillac-breasted roller, and I saw my first one in Tanzania.

6. scrapydo says:

One of the Kingfishers? Sure looks like it is looking for something!

7. scrapydo says:

Sorry my mistake it isn’t a kingfisher it is a Lilac-breasted Roller or troupand in afrikaans

8. I think it might be a Lilac-breasted Roller. Am I right, am I right??????

9. buddhafulkat says:

Very cute story and description. I love his bright blue shiny feathers!

10. Nandini says:

What a pretty catch! 🙂 Beautiful bird.

11. Myra GB says:

This bird has the color of the rainbow! What a beautiful little thing. Such wondrous artwork in nature. 🙂

I’m not good at identifying birds, but this is a lovely one. It looks like it’s waiting for dinner to pop out of the ground.

13. zelmare says:

Who’s a pretty bird then? Don’t know many birdnames, and don’t have my bird book handy, so I’m not going to venture a guess. 🙂