Travel Photo of the Day (April 28)

Did I say something wrong?  After eating these guys took off and didn’t stay for any after dinner chitchat.  This photo was taken in Chobe National Park in the late afternoon about an hour before sunset.

This entry was posted in Africa, Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (April 28)

1. Robin says:

I love this image, especially the way the tree frames the elephants. Like your caption too. lol!

2. Madhu says:

Awesome! Love it!

3. Wow, the elephants are cute, but that is the coolest tree ever. It has such character!!

4. Northern Narratives says:

I love the tree.

Whoaa…awesome!! I love the composition. The elephant near a dead tree…both are greyish

6. Beautiful shot. I love me some elephants.

7. wolke205 says:

Elephants are great animals, I have a lot of respect of them – but I was brave enough to feed some with peanuts in a zoo when I was a child 😀

8. scrapydo says:

This is a marvelous photo. Elephants are big but how huge is this dead tree!?

Camera shy – and that’s an interesting rear view shot. Really cool! That tree is really intriguing. It looks like it would be spooky in the dark with all its crooked branches. They look like long crooked fingers reaching out to grab something.

10. T.F.Walsh says:

I love elephants… Maybe they wanted some quiet time:)

What amazing tree… wonderful photograph as always dear TBM, Thanks and Love, nia

12. All they wanted was the food. Maybe next time they’d think about staying and have that dinner chitchat you wanted, 😀

13. Myra GB says:

They must have taken a short nap before another meal time. hehehe. 🙂 you have great models for your photos! either they are unwilling to pose or they avoid any kind of conversation. so much for the art and science of making small talk.