Sunday Post: Shelter

Each week Jake proposes a theme for creative inspiration. You can post your interpretation to the theme on your blog anytime before the following Sunday.  Remember to post your link in the comment section of the weekly challenge.    Here is my entry for shelter.  While staying at one of the camps in Botswana, during our down time we would hang out under this shelter to watch the animals drink from the Boteti River below.

This was the view.  Can you see the zebras coming down for a drink?

This entry was posted in Africa, Sunday Post and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Sunday Post: Shelter

1. T.F.Walsh says:

Looks very special… as long as long lion wanders down:)

Unfortunately we didn’t see any lions come down for a drink or around our tent…that would have been scary but exciting as long as nothing bad happened.

2. jakesprinter says:

Great shelter you have there matching a great view of the river ,nice work my friend 🙂

3. Anita S says:

Interesting photos! They open up a totally different world to me.

4. Kate Kresse says:

Gosh that is SO SO cool!

5. What a remarkable experience! I love your shelter. 🙂

6. Colline says:

Beautiful view! What other animals did you see?

At this spot we saw elephants, zebras, ostriches, and one crocodile in the water. We hoped to see a hyena but never did even though we would wake up really early. Can’t complain though, it was totally awesome.

7. Thank you so much for sharing these amazing photos…a view of the world I have never seen. 🙂

8. Pingback: Sunday Post: Shelter « Positive Parental Participation

9. scrapydo says:

Wonderful to sit and wait for the animals to come to the waterhole or river!

Wonderful entry for Weekly Sunday Post, Thank you dear TBM, with my love, nia

11. Valentina says:

We are living your adventures through you, how exciting!

12. Oh my, I so want to go to Botswana!

13. My best friend and I always give each other PJs as part of our Christmas gifts…maybe this year I should make her some, I know she´d love it if they were as lovely as yours!

14. Amazing! Were you ever scared just having a tent between you and lions??

One place we stayed had hippos outside the tent. One night the hippo was active all night and I don’t think I slept a wink the entire night. I kept thinking, would this tent save me from a hippo. As for the lions, I was a little hesitant at night and during the early morning. But during these hours, you aren’t allowed to walk around by yourself.

15. Watching wild animals whilst being so close and vulnerable must make for a very ‘immediate’ experience.

Great view from your shelter! At least it provided some shade from the sun.

17. zelmare says:

I love these competitions – it’s fun to see the different interpretations. 🙂 I live in Africa, and I’ve only once been in a sort of an animal shelter, nothing as ‘real’ as this one though!

18. Myra GB says:

Love the photo of the zebras! Very nice interpretation of shelter as well. 🙂

19. Madhu says:

Wow! That is an amazing shelter! Priceless view!