V is for Victoria

This week’s letter for Frizztext’s A-Z archive photo challenge is V.  Outside of Kensington Palace there is a marble sculpture of Queen Victoria.  Her daughter, Princess Louise designed the sculpture.  It depicts Queen Victoria in 1837 in her coronation robes.  She was 18 when she became Queen and her reign lasted 63 years.

For other photos please visit this page.

This entry was posted in A-Z Photo Archive and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to V is for Victoria

1. Rosa says:

Lovely shots.

2. buddhafulkat says:

So regal and beautiful!

Wonderful photographs… Thank you dear TBM, love, nia

4. That’s a beautiful statue. Thanks for sharing.

5. The Hook says:

The Royal family would approve, my friend!

6. aFrankAngle says:

Thanks for sharing … and someday I hope to visit the UK.

7. Madhu says:

Neat interpretation! We have many memorials for Queen Victoria in India!

8. orples says:

This is such a cool choice for V. Everybody is curious about royalty it seems. Your photographs are wonderful. It’s nice too, that you included a little history with them. 🙂

I read or saw on the news that currently the English have a high approval rating for the royals since the wedding and now the diamond jubilee.

9. Anita S says:

I didn’t get to see this statue when I was over there. I’m glad you posted the photo because it’s really beautiful!

10. lynnsbooks says:

Great pics! We are amused (in a good way)
    Lynn 😀

11. Robyn says:

My middle name is Victoria actually, it’s my mom’s name.

12. Jo Bryant says:

I love victoria’s story…especially her love affair with Albert. have you seen the movie “The Young Victoria” ? It is great…and i think if you watch when Victoria is being crowned you will see Princess Eugenie in it as one of her attendants.

I watched it a couple of months ago and loved the movie. They really did love each other.

• Jo Bryant says:

I read somewhere (no idea anymore where) that Albert had been schooled in lovemaking by an experienced woman . When he married Victoria he taught her to enjoy making love which was NOT the norm back then. And that this was part of what lighted the deep attraction between them. Wonder if it is ttrue !!!

Oh I really hope that is true…I would love to find that tidbit in English history textbooks. Teens might be more interested in history.

13. Liz says:

Queen Victorias are all over the world, a testament to the reach of the British Empire during her reign. The only one I’ve personally visited is in Victoria (of course!) British Columbia. Would be awesome to get a picture of all of them. Lovely photos of the Kensington one btw… just in time for Queen Liz’s diamond jubilee 🙂

I wonder how long it would take to travel to photograph all of the Queen Victoria statues. That would be an interesting project. Thanks Liz.

14. Pingback: V ARCHIVE : OTHER V BLOGGERS | A-Z ARCHIVE : NELLIBELL49 IN 2012

15. dadirri7 says:

wonderful choice, i have not seen this statue before, it is lovely, thanks TBM

16. zelmare says:

Gorgeous! One does not often see images (sculptures) of queen Victoria as a young woman – nice. 🙂

17. Myra GB says:

Oh these are beautiful, TBM. I could just imagine the amount of work, talent, brilliance, planning that was poured into the making of this monument to honor such an influential woman. Perfect photo for V. 🙂

18. 2e0mca says:

I had several Victoria’s in mind… including the one outside Buck house 😉 But having seen your lead with this post I’ve ventured a bit further afield! Good choice for the challenge and I like the different angles you’ve chosen 🙂

Great one for the challenge! Your photos are wonderful!

20. Pingback: I’m starting to like running | 50 Year Project