Travel Theme: Rhythm

When we visited Cape Town in South Africa we had just spent two weeks in Zambia and Botswana.  We were a little tired and ready to relax.  One of my favorite days in Cape Town was when we visited this market and did some shopping.  And then we sat outside and had some cocktails to people watch.  This little gal was killing us.  She had so much personality.  She was constantly getting up to visit with everyone and then she would sit back down and bang on the drum.  A minute or two would pass and she would pop up again and set out on another adventure.  I would love to meet her again in twenty years since I think she will be an amazing woman.  And she was pretty good on the drum.

For other Rhythm entries please visit this page.

This entry was posted in Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Travel Theme: Rhythm

1. fgassette says:

How sweet. The drum is almost as big as she is. I bet she had rhythm in her beat.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

2. zelmare says:

Cute! It’s amazing how much rhythm these little ones have – it’s as if they are born with it. 🙂

This is amazing, they start to play in this age… My love has one of them, he plays djembe… Thank you dear TBM, have a nice day, love, nia

4. T.F.Walsh says:

Pretty amazing to discover how different people live around the world… one day I’ll go and visit Africa too:)

5. I can see your smiles all the way through this!

Thanks…you can tell when you see some people that they just have a special quality. She is one of those people. It was such a delight to watch her and the magic she had on everyone.

6. aFrankAngle says:

The word “rhythm” is such a deep word.

7. So cute. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you could see her again?

8. Being in a culture where music is intrinsic is such a treat, coming from one where it isn’t.

9. Was that at Greenmarket Square? Sounds and looks like it. The photo is adorable, and so is the kiddy!

10. ailsapm says:

So sweet, she’s really getting into it, isn’t she? I love the way her feet don’t even reach the ground. 🙂

11. Colline says:

I love listening to African rhythms.

How fun! That would be so cool to see! Great photo and entry.

13. Madhu says:

What a sweet entry! The little girl seems to be enjoying herself 🙂

14. rossanaf says: