Travel Photo of the Day (June 13)

Today was a difficult day so I have chosen a travel photo to cheer me up.  I took this photo in Honduras.  Not only is this flower beautiful, but it reminds me of home.  During my childhood, I had a hibiscus tree outside my bedroom window and whenever I see one I always smile.  Now I think I’ll take a hot bath and read a book.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (June 13)

1. patricia says:

I have always loved hibiscus and birds of paradise flowers. Hope you’re out of your funk soon.

We had a birds of paradise in the backyard. That one caused me more issues since I usually kicked the soccer ball into it at least a couple times a month. Some in the family didn’t appreciate it even though I would explain that it wasn’t intentional. Still, they are lovely.

2. That is a cheerful flower, indeed!

3. Love shots of hibiscus. I have a few in different colors. They are so abundant here. I’m seriously thinking I want some in my front yard!

4. Georgia Yam says:

Great photo, there is something about Hibiscus flowers which make me think of tropical island beaches and it makes me smile too.
    Hope you are feeling better.

5. scrapydo says:

Hibiscus comes in all different colors but I still love the plain red one the best. Beautiful photo

Hope things are better. Great, cheery shot!

7. Melissa says:

Beautiful flower, I hope your difficult day gets erased by a perfectly wonderful day tomorrow.

8. Seasweetie says:

I love these too. I hope your bath and book improved things and that tomorrow is a sparkling day for you.

9. Cheer up my friend :). Did someone force you to do some organizing or something today?!? All kidding aside, I hope the rest of your day was relaxing and you were able to recharge and feel better :).

10. Beautiful flower! Love the vibrant red. I’m sorry you had a difficult day. I hope things improve soon. Take care.

11. zelmare says:

How beautiful! And such a nice memory to have. 🙂 It sounds like the perfect evening – have a hot bath, settle down with a book, maybe some soft music in the background, a glass of wine within reach…

12. T.F.Walsh says:

Such beautiful flowers…:)

A very common flower in my country too.
    we call it ‘bunga sepatu’ here, meaning shoe flower.

14. Madhu says:

Hope this lovely shot was cheerful enough TBM. Take care.

15. Emma says:

one of those days?

16. rossanaf says:

Hibuscus are very beautiful, I have one in my garden.
    Hope you’re felling better now… weekend is here 🙂