Travel Photo of the Day (June 14)

Do you ever have one of those moments when you feel like a complete idiot?  I have them on a regular basis.  Two weeks ago we were in Paris.  On the first day we wanted to find a couple of places recommended to us and then hop the train to visit Versailles.  I was busy looking at the map to locate a shop when the better half said, “You might want to turn around and see the view.”  This was my first glimpse of the Eiffel Tower.  I was so busy looking for street names on the map I didn’t even notice I was in the Eiffel Tower area.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (June 14)

1. Gilly Gee says:

Never mind at least you got a different view point!

Awesome that your better half looks out for you like that! It’s great to capture a shot of a familiar place, but from a different perspective. Very nice! My hubby keeps an eye out for potential shots for me as well.

3. Mateus says:

We’re stuck in indications and tours. And we often do not we look around. I think they do tours and tour packages are those who feel it most.
    So I usually have a day without compromise. To walk without freely through the city.

We usually try to walk through the places we visit on our own and to just take it in without time restraints. We learn a lot about a place when we do this. Thanks!

4. Colline says:

This reminds me of a view I often saw during the time I spent in Paris. Never got tired of it.

5. lynnsbooks says:

ROFLMAO!
    Lynn 😀

6. Hey, I have those moments on a regular basis too. I guess that’s why you and I get along so well right? LOL. I love how the buildings frame the tower. You done good!

7. But didn’t you feel that compared to everything beautiful in Paris the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a let-down?

8. Haha! That’s like me. What an amazing view 🙂 up close and personal!

9. Valentina says:

and for “un coup de chance” you found her without having to search.

10. zelmare says:

Hahaha! Yes, I’ve had moments like that… Nice shot! 🙂

11. Shutterbug Sage says:

J’aime!

12. I remember a similar view of the Eiffel!! … My heart just beat a little faster with anticipation – awesome!!! J’adore a Paris!! 🙂 **

13. IsobelanCat says:

Now I understand that smile!

14. Well, in Paris, there are no bad views are there. My favorite pic of the Eiffel Tower is one I took from Montmartre. But this one is really nice!

I really enjoyed all of the quaint streets and neighborhoods. When you wander around feel you get a sense of its history and it has that wonderful feeling that it is an old city. Do you have your picture up on your blog? I would love to see it.

15. Madhu says:

Happens especially in Paris 🙂 Lovely shot.

I like this photo because it is different from those you usually see.
    People associate the Paris and the Eiffel Tower too much. Paris existed a long time before. You were pretty quiet about this trip… I would presume this means it was anticlimatic. 🙂

The trip was wonderful, but we almost had to cancel it since a week before leaving Atticus, he has a urinary disease, had emergency surgery and we weren’t sure if he would be well enough. Fortunately he is feeling much better and the woman who stays with him when we are gone is amazing. Since getting back we have been so busy I haven’t been able to share much. Life, it never slows down. But Paris is a city I would love to go back to over and over. I could spend years there and still not see it all. I enjoyed the atmosphere the most. I could sit outside one of the cafes all day and just look around. I need to check your blog for that book on the quiet places in Paris or something like that for the next trip. I think you wrote about it last summer.

• Caroline says:

I can give you many insider tips since my family is from Paris. Not the latest ging out stuff for that i would have to live there but other things.
        I reviewed a book by an American author who dies Paris Tours focussing on literature. Quirky man. The book is called writers in Paris. You will find it on the blog as well.
        Do you have a fountain for your cat? I know for a fact that some cats do not drink enough and that’s how they get problems like that. Mine drink twice as much since they have the fountain. Poor Atticus.

I’ll check out your blog for the Writers in Paris. That would be cool to read before I go back. I need to get a fountain, the vet also suggested it. The issue first popped up over two years ago and then he was doing well, but then it came back with a vengeance. Now he is only eating prescription wet food and he will be on medicine for the rest of his life. But it is worth it since he is playing again and back to his normal cranky self (he’s always been cranky). I think I’ll have to order a fountain from online. People tease me since I won’t leave him alone over night. They say he’s a cat and I tell them that someone has to be with him. It is making weekend trips more challenging but I can’t go away and stress out the whole time. Cats, what can you do but love them.

17. Sartenada says:

Maybe somewhere, but never in Paris. When I was young I flew to Paris about 30 times to buy books in French.

That’s pretty cool! I wish I kept up with my French classes. I really struggled on this trip and the little book I brought didn’t have enough phrases. By the time I left I was starting to remember more, but it was too late.

18. rossanaf says:

🙂 it happens to all of us. I did the same in NYC.
    Those are the memories that will stay forever from the trip.