And then it was over

Yesterday was the last full day with the family. Weeks ago we purchased tickets to see Madonna in Hyde Park but didn’t tell anyone until the day before. It was a wonderful way to end our three weeks together. After stopping off in a pub for an appetizer and a drink we headed to the park. The sun was starting to set over the Serpentine.

The crowd was anxious for Madonna to appear.

Another photo of the sunset—I’m a sucker for sunsets.

Then we saw this on the screen and we knew it was about to start.

Madonna put on a good show even though the sound levels in the park let her down somewhat. It was my first Madonna concert and I have to admit that I would love to see her again.

Now that the family is heading home, we are both exhausted. The trip was fantastic and both of us really appreciate them traveling so far to see us. We are planning a quiet night in to rest. I hope to resume my normal blogging habits later this week. I have so much to share with all of you and I’m excited to see what you all have been up to. Now I think I will curl up with a cup of tea and a book.

This entry was posted in London and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to And then it was over

1. Gilly Gee says:

I hope it wasn’t too sad for you when they left.

2. fgassette says:

It looks like you ended your time together in style and with a perfect sunset. Looking forward to seeing your post later in the week.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

3. Carol says:

I can only imagine she puts on a great concert, she sure has had enough years of practice. I would love to see her someday.

4. Well, you sent them off in style, TBM! Enjoy your well earned down-time.

….. 🙂 How nice to read you again. Welcome back dear TBM. I am so glad you had a nice travel and time with your family. Your photographs are amazing… Madonna was here at the beginning of summer but I couldn’t watch her… just a few minutes on television. But everybody talked about her amazing show… Like you. Thank you dear TBM, love, nia

That’s too bad you didn’t see her. She show is something to see and I’m glad we experienced it at least once. I hope all is well Nia!

6. I´m not the biggest Madonna fan in the world but I did see her in concert in the … ermm…80s (fab)! Do hope there was no nipple baring as London is quite chilly right now I understand and it probably would have been a bit risky to her health if she wasn´t wearing a sensible vest 😉

Glad you had a few weeks to spend with family! The Madonna concert sounded like a really nice surprise. Looking forward to learning more about what you have to share.

8. I love sunset photos too. They never get old.

Can’t wait to hear more about the Madonna concert!

I have to give it to Madonna, she knows how to keep an audience entertained and guessing. I can’t imagine the work that goes into planning her tours.

9. liz2you says:

Thanks for taking me back. And I enjoyed your post. The only Hyde Park concert I have been to was Simon and Garfunkle in about 2003, I think. It was a reunion.
    Living on the doorstep of this wonderful London and not taking advantage of it, is a sin! I,m repremanding myself!!
    Liz

When we moved from Boston we were kicking ourselves for not doing more things in the city. We don’t want to repeat the same mistake, but it is easy to do. It takes effort to explore. Good luck getting out there!

10. pattisj says:

That was a beautiful sunset, and you captured it well. We just returned from a trip and I need to get back in the swing of things. Rest, a cup of tea and a book sound like the perfect bridge.

I hope your trip was fun! I find that a cup of tea and a book can help almost any situation. Good luck with your recovery. Trips are so draining.

11. zelmare says:

Love the sunset!!! Like you’ve probably noticed, I’m also a sucker for them. Sounds as if a good time was had by all, so you must be feeling a sense of contentment. Glad to have you back in blogland, though! 🙂

I can imagine you’re glad to be able to have a bit more quiet but still sad they have left again.
    I’m sure you did a lot to turn their stay into a real success.

13. aFrankAngle says:

You seem to be back in the saddle … love the sky pic.

14. Kristina says:

Aww not the greatest feeling when you family has to leave, but reading your previous blogs, sounds like you had a great time! 🙂 I can’t wait to go back home for holiday, not long now 😀

15. Wow, you are wonderful hosts! That’s a great way to end a visit for sure. Have never seen Madonna in concert, but many have said it’s a fantastic show. Glad the rain stayed away!
    Now you can gear up for the Olympics. 🙂

There were a few drops of rain, but it could have been worse. I hope the family enjoyed. And yes, the Olympic torch will be in my hood later this week.

16. T.F.Walsh says:

How awesome that you got to see Madonna in perform… she just cancelled her concert to Australia… huge bummer. But I got to see her in NY:)

Ah! it seems that we both went to a concert recently 😉
    I saw David Cook recently 🙂