You can relax in New York City

Last week, we left the beautiful city of London to spend a week together in New York City. Our summer has been quite busy so we were looking forward to a relaxing holiday. Some of you may not associate New York with relaxing, but trust me, if you try, you don’t have to do much. Both of us excel at not doing much when we put our minds to it. Yes there is plenty to see and do, but we’ve been there on many occasions so we were quite content to chill. We managed to squeeze in some activities.

Times Square

A sports bar we like.

A fantastic show!

Does this need an explanation?

A street festival

The Opening Ceremony of the US Open in Flushing Meadows. We spent three days watching tennis, enjoying some beers, and snacking.

It may look like we were busy, but trust me. We were lazy and it felt good.

Now I need to get back onto London time, but it’s difficult since we are still watching the tennis in New York. We’ve had some late nights trying to keep on top of all the action. One more week and things should settle down—I hope.

This entry was posted in Travel and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to You can relax in New York City

1. IsobelandCat says:

Have you caught up with the Paralympics yet? You can still get day passes for £10. Bargain. They include a travel card.

I haven’t had a chance to watch any of the events live, but we’ve been keeping up with them via television. I saw that the ticket prices have increased–that’s a shame. It’s a wonderful event!

2. Beth Ann says:

Awesome!!!! And you were stateside!!!! Sorry I missed you! :-). Have fun adjusting back to the time !!

I have never been in New York but would love to visit. It’s must be such an amazing city.

4. I love New York too. I think it’s a state of mind!

5. winsomebella says:

A change of venue always seems relaxing to me so I understand how you felt relaxed even while keeping busy. Nice pics !

6. pattisj says:

Relax isn’t a word that immediately comes to mind when one thinks of New York City. I’m glad you were able to make it so.

7. Meredith says:

“both of us excel at not doing much”… LOL. Me too!

8. scrapydo says:

Good to see you back and glad you took the week very easy!

9. paunikaj says:

Very good! I commend you both for being able to practice the Fine Art of Relaxation!! A task that I am growing stronger at, as the days and months roll on! Enjoy and I throughly am enjoiyng follow you on this journey!!

Thanks for your support and it’s great to have you along. Relaxation is a difficult task for many to learn, but it’s vital to our health, including mental health. It’s nice to turn the brain off and to do nothing. Happy Relaxing!

10. The Guat says:

Very nice pics. Glad to see you could “relax” in your own way. 🙂

Thanks! Fortunately, both of us love sports so when one suggests going to a sports bar to watch some games it isn’t torture for the other person.

11. zelmare says:

What fun! Seems like a well deserved break, that you enjoyed to the full. Welcome back! 🙂

Glad you had an enjoyable and relaxing trip to NYC. There never seems to be a dull moment in that city.

That’s true. People amaze me all of the time in NY. I love watching them and trying to guess what will happen next. And the drivers are much braver than I am. I had to drive there once and swore I’d never do it again.