Travel Theme: Curves

Ailsa’s travel theme this week is curves. Since I just returned from New York, where I attended the US Open for three days, I thought I’d look at those photos for inspiration. Here are some of the curves from Flushing Meadows.

Arthur Ashe Stadium

The roof from one of the bars.

The Unisphere of Flushing Meadows

Li Na Serving.

Milos Raonic Serving.

This entry was posted in Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Travel Theme: Curves

That stadium is awesome!!! what a view.

That Li Na serve is really curving…great catch TBM

Li Na is a fun player to watch. I wish I could have watched her live when she won the French Open a couple of years ago. That would have been amazing. Thanks!

2. What a great post idea! The photos are great – love the curves in that staduim.

Thanks! It’s a nice stadium and there isn’t a bad seat in it. The first year we went, we sat in the last row and still could see all of the action.

3. Looks like you got to see some great matches. I was there last Wednesday night to see Andy Murray and Sharipova. Maybe our visits overlapped. 🙂

It’s been raining the last few days so I think a lot of the matches are behind now. Today looks like it might be Roddick’s last match before retiring. He’s playing Del Potro.

We were there during the first three days and loved seeing the earlier rounds since we had plenty of matches to choose from. I was sad to hear that this would be Roddick’s last tournament. He’s been such a consistent player for the US. I wish him well. Thanks Jackie.

4. Jo Bryant says:

I love how you tied this in to tennis…what a wonderful feeling it must be to walk around those places

Flushing Meadows is like a magical place for me. I love tennis and grew up watching this tournament. Now that I go, it’s a dream come true. Thanks Jo.

5. Great shots. Hope the weather wasn’t too hot. NY can be pretty rough in Aug.

6. Cool shots and interpretation.

How cool it must have been to attend the US Open! Great curve shots here.

8. winsomebella says:

I especially like those serving curves 🙂

9. Did you eat strawberries and cream? 😛

10. lynnsbooks says:

Wow, that’s really creative of you. I like the globe shot particularly.
    Lynn 😀

I remember the first time I saw the globe. I grew up watching the US Open on TV and they always showed it and then I finally saw it in person. It was a fun moment.

11. Nice pics, TBM! We’ve been watching on TV.

It’s a fun sport to watch. I was sad that the action was postponed yesterday, but a tornado warning should never be ignored. I hear one touched down in Queens. I hope all is well in NY. My thoughts are with them.

12. zelmare says:

I really like your different interpretation of the theme. Nice pics! 🙂