Travel Photo of the Day (September 23)

Garden District, New Orleans

Aren’t these trees cool? When I saw them, I started to think of ghosts and haunted houses. By the way, Anne Rice, the author, lived in the house behind the trees. I wonder if she felt the same way. Of course her tales who would be terrifying than mine.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (September 23)

1. The trees are very cool, but it is even cooler that you got to see Anne Rice’s house :).

2. Meredith says:

Spooky

3. paulaacton says:

She actually based a tree in the witching hour (I think it was that one) on these trees

4. Jo Bryant says:

Anne Rice lived there?? I am such a Lestat groupie…I think I might faint.

5. zelmare says:

There definitely is a story there… 🙂

6. pattisj says:

Love the gnarly, knobby branches and roots of the trees in the south.

7. scrapydo says:

Looks creepy to me also!

8. Very cool indeed. Perhaps only slightly more so because of Anne Rice. Didn’t she breathe new life into the ages old vampire stories?

9. Sometimes you can find these old trees with moss hanging in long tendrils off the branches. Talk about creepy.

10. Cee Neuner says:

They are cool trees!!

11. patricia says:

Great shot! I’m trying to decide if that’s a live oak or not.

They are cool! I almost looks like there is ivy growing along the branches, and kind of reminds of ivy covering the side of a house. Great catch!

13. littlemissyogi says:

That is really neat! I wouldn’t doubt if she did think the same. That tree reminds me of a spooky book my mom used to read to me as a child, I believe it was called The Ghost Eye Tree.

Thanks for sharing this photo:)

14. This looks like St-Charles street, where the tram goes all the way to the zoo.