Travel Photo of the Day (September 27)

Currently, the lovely town of York is deluged with water. After severe rainstorms, the River Ouse is over 5m (16ft). My thoughts are with those dealing with the flood.

Photo taken in January, 2012

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (September 27)

1. Mother Nature at her worst can be a cruel Mistress.

2. Northern Narratives says:

We need rain and here’s another flood. The weather is so mixed up this summer.

3. pattisj says:

I like the connecting archway. Flood clean up is hard work, something I hope to never have to deal with.

How tragic for the victims to have to experience this.

5. The weather is so strange these days. We’re supposed to have 90F this weekend, the end of Sept.! Lovely photo.

someone I know (a British blogger) also complains about the rain.

I can use more rain here in Jakarta.

7. zelmare says:

Never nice to deal with something like that. Up to now, I’ve been fortunate enough not to have been caught up in a disaster, but I always f

8. zelmare says:

…feel for those that have to go through it. (Sorry, don’t know what I did there…)

9. I hope the flood has subsided by now with the least damage. Everytime I watch the news, it saddens me that people had to suffer because of natural calamities. This is that time when we all need to help more and be active in our neighborhood. Great post.

10. Oh 😦 that is horrible. One of our main cities, Brisbane flooded a few years ago. It was horrible. We went back last year to check out what it looked like and it was relatively back to normal, but still not the same. People don’t realise how much damage floods can do.