Travel Theme: On Display

If you ever visit La Rambla in Barcelona make sure you check out the Mercat de la Bouqueria. It’s the most popular market in the city, dating back to 1840. Even if you don’t want to buy anything, it is a sight to see and a great way to absorb some culture and atmosphere. I will warn you, if you don’t like to see photos of meat, please don’t glance below.

For other entries, please visit this page.

TB Markinson is an American living in England. When she isnโ€™t writing, sheโ€™s traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs, or reading. Not necessarily in that order.
This entry was posted in Travel Theme and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Travel Theme: On Display

1. fgassette says:

Perfect selections. I like this market place.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

2. aFrankAngle says:

I haven’t been to Barcelona, but heck … gotta love the European markets!

3. bebs1 says:

Oh I love that place, so colorful. I was amazed at the range of mushrooms they got, so many I haven’t seen before.

4. some unusual looking foods there

5. Wonderful! If all works out (which admittedly looks a little dire at this point), I will be in Barcelona next year. I’ll definitely visit the marketplace then! Also, dragon fruit ๐Ÿ˜€ I ate those by the bucket-load when I was in China.

6. scrapydo says:

Love market places. This one looks very interesting

7. Jo Bryant says:

This is so going on the bucket list…thanks for the heads up !!!

Jo let me know if you ever plan a trip to Barcelona. I would love to share some of the places we saw. And if you do go, make sure to take a day trip to the Salvador Dali museum. That was an experience! He designed the museum, so it’s almost like you are in his head and seeing how he saw the world and his art.

8. repurposed redhead says:

I love Barcelona and this market place. Fantastic! -Rene

9. danajoward says:

Nice market place for the challenge “On Display”. You have captured the many different ways to display almost anything. I like it ๐Ÿ˜‰

wow…what a super neat market (so far from Indonesian traditional market)

The color combination is also great

11. T.F.Walsh says:

I’m a big fan of markets…

12. zelmare says:

Love European markets! And that punnet of fruit looks delicious! ๐Ÿ™‚

13. eof737 says:

Quite the selection of wild meats there… ๐Ÿ˜‰

14. Edwin says:

I like the fork in the fruit bowl! What is the fruit/thing/object on the bottom right corner of the fruit picture? It looks awesome!

Cool place! If I ever go to Barcelona, I’ll have to check it out.

16. It’s amazing what we can find in a meat market. Fun post!

17. That was one of our favorite places in Barcelona. We skipped the meat, though. The fresh fruit drinks were the best!

18. Great photos – great market!

19. Deborah - d.mooncrab says:

I love the open market like that. Its always so much fun. Very nive photos!!