Travel Photo of the Day (November 6)

The grounds of Windsor Castle.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (November 6)

1. aFrankAngle says:

Now that’s a castle!

2. pattisj says:

Interesting viewpoint.

3. Colline says:

Really is a beautiful castle, isn’t it? And lovely gardens too.

4. Boy, that bench just begs for someone to sit a while and admire the view!

5. Shutterbug Sage says:

I really love this shot. Between my own time a few months ago in the Loire Valley and all of the other photoblogs featuring castles, this is a really different shot. I love the colors in the garden and the way everything is positioned in this shot. Nice!

6. Jo Bryant says:

So that’s where they hang out – nice digs !!!

7. IsobelandCat says:

Nice picture. I think if you look in the archives you will find that this space was used for growing vegetables in the second world war.

I used to walk through a Victory garden in Boston every day, near Fenway park. It was also a patch of land for residents to grow their own veg during the war.

8. bebs1 says:

That’s a beautiful garden. How does one get there? Am sure it is not open to the public.

9. bocafrau says:

That’s a beautiful shot. I remember loving the grounds at Windsor Castle. It was so cold and windy the day we visited but sunny. Just gorgeous.

10. zelmare says:

How beautiful! I haven’t been (yet), so thanks for giving me a peek! 🙂

11. megtraveling says:

I think Windsor Castle is lovely, and your picture is so serene!

12. It´s been waaaaay too long since I visited Windsor Castle, thanks for the remidner with your lovely photo!

It would be nice to be able to stroll through those peaceful-looking gardens everyday! Nice shot!