Travel Photo of the Day (November 14)

Do you think they planned this?

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (November 14)

1. pattisj says:

That’s funny! Their “good” side?

2. thirdeyemom says:

Great shot! Hey have you been to Honduras? I thought perhaps you have. I am going in early January for my next volunteer trip and wanted to spend a few days after in Roatan. Have you been? If so any recommended hotels?

I have been to Honduras, but not Roatan. I hear it’s lovely. We stayed at a lodge at the base of the Pico Bonito National Park. I can give you the name, but it sounds like you want to stay on Roatan. Will you be diving while there?

• thirdeyemom says:

I am flying in and out of Roatan and will have only a few days there as my volunteer work is across the way in La Ceiba. I think I’ll probably have to take a dive or too! Did you love Honduras? Any issues/things I should keep in mind? I think I have to take Malaria pills which I’m not thrilled about. Oh well! πŸ™‚

Oh goodness, we went in 2007. I remember having to take Malaria pills while there and I took some other type of pill prior to going. There was a warning that they would give me whacked out dreams. boy, they weren’t lying. I also got some shots. Fortunately there was a travel clinic at my work so whenever I went out of the country I would pop in to get all fixed up. I would call you doctor to find out. You travel a lot so some of your shots may be valid still. I think I few of mine need updating.

And yes, I loved Honduras. It was our first trip outside of North America and I think that it gave us the travel bug. the people, the landscape, the food—it’s all wonderful. Please take tons of photos. I miss it.

• thirdeyemom says:

Thanks for the great info! Yes my shots are ready. I’m not looking forward to the pills but did take them in S. Africa. Oh well. You know me, I’ll go bananas with pictures. I probably will leave my nice camera home though as I don’t like to bring anything expensive when I travel places like this. It isn’t smart and don’t want to risk getting it stolen! πŸ™‚

I don’t remember taking pills for South Africa, but I remember having to go through a series of rabies shots since I would be more than 24 hours away from medical treatment in Botswana. I hated those shots. One day, I got five different shots for my Africa trip–I didn’t feel that great afterwards. Fortunately I made the appointment for the end of the day so I could just go home and went to bed.

We didn’t have too many issues in Honduras, but we were like you. On some of our excursions we left our nicer stuff at the lodge and didn’t tempt fate too much. I do wish I had more photos from out rafting experience, but between worries over crime and whitewater, I think we made the correct choice.

• thirdeyemom says:

Thanks for the tips! I have never done the Rabies shots before. Probably should have in Nepal. Oh well. I’ve heard they are TERRIBLE though. Don’t they put them in your stomach??!!!

I just had the rabies vaccine, which are normal shots I got in my arm. Had to have three of them over a month and a half or something like that.

3. Nice butt shot!! LOL Thanks for the giggle :).

4. Lynne Ayers says:

Looks like you’re being mooned to me πŸ˜‰

5. buddhafulkat says:

Haha – too funny!

6. Lucid Gypsy says:

What could they be doing?

7. Madhu says:

I wonder! πŸ˜€

8. IsobelandCat says:

They look incredibly clean. Had they just had a bath?

9. ilargia64 says:

Life is an endless journey!!! Love it!

Hahaha! It looks like they are mooning you! Great shot!