Travel Photo of the Day (January 11)

Hans Christian Andersen statue in Copenhagen, Denmark

Hans Christian Andersen statue in Copenhagen, Denmark. I love how he looks like he has an idea for a story. I only wish there was a blue sky behind it.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (January 11)

1. fgassette says:

It’s a wonderful photo without the blue sky.
    BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

2. Love it!! Now I can’t stop singing the Hans Christian Andersen song from the movie with Danny Kaye :).

3. zozokie says:

Reblogged this on mycitythrunikon and commented:
    Hans-Christian Anderson.

4. lynnsbooks says:

ha ha, I’m also now singing the song from the film!! Maybe the Hans portrayed by this statue is actually looking to his left at some very ominous rain clouds that are rapidly approaching and lamenting the fact that he brought a walking stick and not a brolly!
    Lynn 😀

5. petit4chocolatier says:

I love Hans Christian Anderson! Beautiful picture 🙂

It is beautiful… so beautiful. Thank you dear TBM, have a nice weekend, love, nia

7. IsobelandCat says:

This took me back to being little. Hans Christian Andersen seemed to have a much higher profile then. I have never been to Denmark, but have known about the sculpture of the Little Mermaid nearly all my life.

8. tee14by14 says:

How exciting to have seen this. I would have loved too see it.

9. one of my first books and my very first record were stories by hans christian andersen. how wonderful to stand there and think of those stories.