Travel Photo of the Day (January 19)

I spent countless hours when I lived in Boston trying to get a decent photo of this cardinal. Sad to say, this is the best of the bunch. I think he’s laughing at me.Β

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (January 19)

1. thank you – seeing a cardinal (even in a pic) is good luck

2. Robyn says:

Such a pretty bird!

3. Are you sure he didn’t fall off the Christmas Tree?

4. Northern Narratives says:

Cardinals are so hard to photo. I think you got a good one there.

5. bocafrau says:

My mom always gets one red cardinal by her bird feeder and it’s very elusive. I have yet to get a shot of it!!!

6. I grew up with cardinals in Michigan–swam for the Cooley Cardinals in high school! I do miss them, as there are no cardinals in Seattle.

7. D.mooncrab says:

I think he’s camera shy but actually posing for you there. What a cutie!!

8. ilargia64 says:

Oh!!! Is beautiful!!!! Seriously!!!!

9. The Hook says:

He looks crafty…

10. scrapydo says:

I agree, I think sometimes when you try to photograph birds they think “This stupid things on 2 legs can’t even fly and then they want to come nearer and nearer!: or something like that!

11. What a beautiful bird. I rescued a pigeon with a broken wing this morning. I have nominated you for a blog award. Come check it out! πŸ™‚

12. Roly says:

great pic I and my computer have both been receiving care and attention and I am pleased to say I can now read and comment again. Long may it last…….

13. petit4chocolatier says:

I have to agree with another comment. He looks a little crafty !! He is definitely checking you out. I like the picture πŸ™‚

Lovely bird…he looks fiery

15. Aww bless i love animals! I did a post just like this one!!

16. Lynne Ayers says:

We have a pair of cardinals, Mr and Mrs., attending our feeder just feet from our window where we have breatkfast/lunch – actually, yesterday a second Mr. showed up – and we are constantly trying to capture these skittish fellows.

17. those in my yard come right on to the porch. the babies are an amazing shade of green. their crest’s or whatever you call the crown of their heads are unruly and hilarious. they’ve very sweet birds. they mate for life and share the baby rearing. lovely little birds.