Travel Photo of the Day (July 3)

The little guy in this photo is an orphan who we met in Zambia when we went on an elephant ride. Two of the elephants of this operation wandered off and were gone for several months. When they returned they brought this young fella with them. All of the elephants have adopted him and when it’s time for a walk, he’s the first out of the gate.

Let's go!

Let’s go!

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (July 3)

1. Ali Isaac says:

Lovely picture! So glad the other elephants saved him, we don’t think of wild creatures behaving like that, we tend to think it’s always survival of the fittest.

2. I love elephants! They are so smart and awesome creatures. I love their whole culture.

3. megtraveling says:

What a cute picture!

4. Vishy says:

Nice pictures, TBM!

5. bulldog says:

I love the little fella…

6. Madhu says:

Baby elephants are so adorable! Isn’t it amazing how the adults just adopt them without question?

7. frizztext says:

because my life began as in an orphanage (1945 in Germany)
    my heart was touched by your story:
    “…Two of the elephants of this operation wandered off and were gone for several months. When they returned they brought this young fella with them. All of the elephants have adopted him and when it’s time for a walk, he’s the first out of the gate…”

8. What a lovely story, lucky little elephant!

9. When there is something on TV about elephants I always watch. They are so interesting and I love their interactions and relationships. The little ones are too cute!

Such an adorable thing! Good to know it was adopted!

11. i often think we could take a lesson from the elephants and how they care for each other.