Teaser Tuesday, July 9th

Pix Under the Oaks was kind enough to remind me that today is Tuesday and that I forgot to post my Teaser Tuesday. It’s only Tuesday and I can’t keep up. Doesn’t bode well for the week, but I’m an optimist so I’m hoping for the best.

tteTeaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

Grab your current read

Open to a random page

Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teaser!

Here’s my teaser this week:

“I’m not as poor as I look. Go ahead, get all you can,” he said. Then, touching the brim of his cap, he headed for home and the day’s work, unaware that it would be his last.

Pg. 25, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

This entry was posted in Teaser Tuesday and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Teaser Tuesday, July 9th

1. vinnieh says:

Great idea for a post.

2. Geoff W says:

Oh, I enjoyed In Cold Blood.

3. Pingback: 7-9-13 Teaser Tuesday (New Meme For Me) | The Quotidian Hudson

4. Beth Ann says:

Oh such a great idea and I always forget to join in, too! And which one of the 3 books I have going do I choose?? 🙂

5. Ooo In Cold Blood scared the dang heck out of me and I can’t even tell you how bad I felt for that family. I mean feeling bad doesn’t even touch the emotion. Tragic.

I’m a hundred pages in and I’m having a hard time putting it down. Such a scary thing. the poor family–that final day–I don’t even want to think about it.

6. “For I am that special freak, the man with the child inside who remembers all. I remember the day and the hour I was born.”
    p.58, Zen in the Art of Writing, Ray Bradbury

7. pattisj says:

Now that’s a teaser!

8. Vishy says:

Nice teaser, TBM! It must be a tough book to read. But hope you are liking it. I have read only one Truman Capote book called ‘Summer Crossing’. Will look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.