Travel Photo of the Day (July 31)

Christiania is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighborhood in Copenhagen, Denmark. Approximately 800 people reside there. If you are in the area I highly recommend visiting. I should say it wasn't the cleanest place I've ever been, but fascinating. Please note that in some areas photographs are not allowed and if you try to break the rules, the residents will say something. I was fascinated by all the artwork, including this building.

Christiania is a self-proclaimed autonomous neighborhood in Copenhagen, Denmark. Approximately 800 people reside there. If you are in the area I highly recommend visiting. I should say it wasn’t the cleanest place I’ve ever been, but captivating. Please note that in some areas photographs are not allowed and if you try to break the rules, the residents will say something. I was fascinated by all the artwork, including this building.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (July 31)

1. aFrankAngle says:

We didn’t make it there as we only had about 7-8 hours.

2. bulldog says:

Love the artistry depicted here…

I’m a huge fan of graffiti. I find the artists really amazing. However, I’m not a fan of those who just tag building or artwork. That’s not art to me but vandalism.

3. Lucid Gypsy says:

I’ve heard of Christiania, how amazing to visit!

4. Vishy says:

Interesting place, TBM! Nice picture!

5. Beth Ann says:

Wow–that art is amazing! What a cool place—I have never heard of it. Did you try to take one of those “illegal” pictures and were denied???? Just wondering how you knew where you were allowed to photograph and where you weren’t. I always wonder about protocol if nothing is posted and worry I will offend by taking pictures where it is disrespectful or something.

6. nrlymrtl says:

Someone was fascinated with breakfast cereal cartoons, Disney, and perhaps acid.