Travel Photo of the Day (August 8)

This macaque was sneaking up on an unsuspecting tourist in hopes of stealing his food. His efforts were thwarted since the tourist didn't have any food to steal. Photo taken at the Batu Caves in Malaysia.

This macaque was sneaking up on an unsuspecting tourist in hopes of stealing his food. His efforts were thwarted since the tourist didn’t have any food to swipe. Photo taken at the Batu Caves in Malaysia.

This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (August 8)

hahaha poor monkey

so lovely one… Thank you dear TBM, love, nia

3. Madhu says:

Beautiful shot! Not particularly fond of thieving monkeys though, they can get really vicious.

4. waxnwings says:

I had one of the little blighters on my head gunning for a banana peel! Was actually pretty scary man…

5. Vishy says:

Nice picture, TBM. The monkeys here are like that – trying to steal food from people.

6. Little devil. 🙂 Nice colors!

7. Colline says:

He is really quite cheeky!

8. I don’t know what it is about monkeys, but they scare me a little. I agree about the vivid colors~very nice!

From my experience in Malaysia and Africa, monkeys are always plotting to steal things, which makes them very intimidating. They don’t like to be denied.

9. I wonder how I would react if a monkey tries to steal my food?? I’m thinking that I’ll put up a fight, after all, I love my food:)

10. clever little fellows – cousins i guess they are to us.