Travel Photo of the Day (August 12)

I saw a few photos of the Love Lock Bridge in Paris around the Blogosphere recently and I couldn't remember if I had any photos from my recent trip. Turns out I did.

I saw a few photos of the Love Locks in Paris around the Blogosphere recently and I couldn’t remember if I had any photos from my recent trip. Turns out I did. These locks are on the Pont de l’Archeveche bridge near Notre Dame.ย

TB Markinson is an American living in England. When she isnโ€™t writing, sheโ€™s traveling the world, watching sports on the telly, visiting pubs, or reading. Not necessarily in that order.
This entry was posted in Travel Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

62 Responses to Travel Photo of the Day (August 12)

1. This lock malarkey has gotten completely out of hand… great photo, though ๐Ÿ™‚

2. IsobelandCat says:

I know a lot of people like these but I don’t. I think they are ugly. I also find a padlock a sinister symbol when it comes to loving relationships. I was horrified to see people were defacing the Millennium Bridge, which is a beautiful structure, with padlocks. Fortunately, I think they are being removed.

I haven’t seen them on Millennium, but not sure I was looking either. I see the touristy bit to these locks, but it is a shame that they damage historical sites.

3. George says:

I love the idea of these locks. This is such a great photo. I didn’t think there were that many there!

4. Colline says:

Wow! Thee are so many!

5. elizrodrig says:

Wow, I wish I was there to touch it. Incredible.

6. Valentina says:

In Italy the government wants to banned them. I must say they are obstructive, often ruining the view.

7. Anam Haq says:

Are those locks?? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

8. bulldog says:

There’s a few locks there alright…

9. aFrankAngle says:

Great photo. This must be a craze sweeping across Europe.

10. I think there’s one in Seville…not sure though!

11. My, oh my! I’ve never seen so many locks at the same place. Love locks? I don’t know much about this concept. However, I want my love to be free, not under lock and key. Gosh, I’m rhyming here, TBM:)

12. Vishy says:

Nice photo and an interesting tradition, TBM.

13. I Am Jasmine Kyle says:

Those are some BIG LOCKS!!!

14. lynnsbooks says:

Not seen this before and not sure how I feel about them to be honest. Partly I think it’s kind of sweet of people but then I think is it really necessary to make these sort of gestures? I dunno – can’t blame government’s for not wanting them – I suppose it does spoil the look of the bridge but it also creates a new unique view. See, mixed feelings!
    Lynn ๐Ÿ˜€

I feel the same, Lynn. It’s sweet and fun but can also cause problems. So I stay out of the debate and just take photos ๐Ÿ˜‰

15. I loved this when we visited, and actually left a lock myself. I don’t really see it as any kind of symbol, just thought it’d be fun to go back in a few years and see if it is still there. It may just be a tourist thing, but I thought that’d be a good thing for an area that thrives from tourism?

16. I thought this was so romantic in Italy and Germany – it’s not so romantic seeing them in Belfast! lol

It’s a wonder the bridge hasn’t collapsed with the extra weight ๐Ÿ˜‰

Even in Belfast. Didn’t know that. And I was a little uneasy standing on this bridge. How does it stay put?

• Yup, even in Belfast ๐Ÿ™‚ The authorities removed them in Dublin – guess they were becoming a problem. Spoze I have seen pictures where the weight of them is making lamp posts and things topple over so sort of understandable once it gets out of hand.

Although as a bridge I would prefer to be famous for love locks than people throwing themselves off me….

LOL, excellent point about bridges. I wouldn’t want to be known for the suicide rate either. Love is just a tad bit more romantic.

• I also included bungee jumping in my mind – more romantic than that too ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes. Much more romantic than plunging to your death.

17. I love this photo! We are going to Paris in two weeks, so I’ll have to go find this bridge. We found a similar bridge in Prague when we were visiting…

18. Jo Bryant says:

I think these locks are getting out of hand…they seem to be everywhere these days